North Metropolitan TAFE
Company Information Description
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 29 September 2020 at 11:45PM WST
Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) purpose is to create enduring prosperity for all Western Australians. Our department ensures that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
We work collaboratively across government, industry and community to advance three goals: Protect, Grow and Innovate. For more information about the Department, please visit our website.
We currently have one (1)
permanent full time position available for immediate filling.
This process may be used to fill other similar vacancies throughout the department. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position, the panel may select another suitable applicant from this selection process. Both of these options remain valid for a period of six (6) months from approval of the initial recruitment decision.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join the Mid-West Development Commission team to contribute to projects focused on creating jobs and industry growth.
The Mid-West economic development priorities are currently focused on tourism and the Abrolhos Islands, agribusiness and aquaculture, the Space Economy (SKA), unlocking infrastructure constraints, and liveable and connected communities. This position will manage the delivery of specified strategic and complex projects that support delivery of the Commission’s objectives. The successful applicant will foster effective consultative and collaborative working relationships and networks with key stakeholders across the public and private sectors, on matters related to investment and development of the region.
A working knowledge of the Mid West region and demonstrated knowledge of key industries and key influencer's will be an advantage.
The successful applicants must demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in policy, program and strategy development, implementation and management, including the ability to formulate, analyse and complete due diligence on business and industry project proposals by applying business principles, financial analysis and assessment of risk.
- High level of communication (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, with the ability to liaise and consult with a range of stakeholders on various levels internal and external to the organisation. Drafts, reviews, edits and disseminates a range of complex written material, ensuring messages are clear, and aligned with the audience.
- Highly-developed analytical and problems solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems in order to meet organisational objectives.
- Well developed research and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and laterally to provide high quality, future focussed results.
- Demonstrated ability to allocate and leverage resources to deliver desired business outcomes and persist on achieving objectives in difficult and changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic management skills, including initiative and the ability to negotiate with, motivate and influence people.
Experience working in Regional Australia and broad understanding and ability to contextualise past and current social, economic and political issues impacting on the work of the Commission is a desirable criteria.
Qualifications in economic analysis are preferred but not essential. Please refer to the Job Description Form attached for full position details.
Eligibility / Other Conditions
A current and valid Western Australian C (Car) class driver’s licence or equivalent is required (if not currently held, must be acquired to commencement at applicant’s expense)
To be eligible for a permanent appointment to the Western Australian public sector you must be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia. To be eligible for a fixed term or a casual appointment you must have documentary evidence of your entitlement to live and work in Australia for the period of the contract and this is required as part of your application.
Subject to appointment, successful applicants will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy before commencing employment;
- obtain and provide a current National Police Certificate (police clearance) before commencing employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
These positions are located in Geraldton. Occasional travel to and from metropolitan and regional offices may be required.
Please note, any successful candidate, including current employees of the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development, will be offered employment subject to the award and agreement conditions that apply to the advertised role as outlined in the attached JDF/s. By accepting an offer of appointment, the successful applicant accepts the conditions and entitlements under the specified award and agreement.
Further Job Related Information
To discuss this role or for specific enquiries please contact Mike Bowley , Regional Director , on 0429 838 596 (during business hours).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Regional Officer Business Unit/Division: Regional Services Location: Geraldton Position Number: Pool Ref eF 162 Salary: Level 2 $63,172 - $68,256 p.a. PS CSA A 2019 Work Type: Permanent - Part Ti [...]
Noni B currently has an opportunity for a Sales Assistant who has a passion for fashion and is flare for customer service. As a Sales Assistant, you will be an integral part of our team to drive the s [...]
Noni B is on the hunt for a Part Time Store Manager who has a passion for fashion and is dedicated to giving our customers the best in store experience. As a Store Manager, you will be the driving for [...]
Your New Work Family: Atlas People is a temporary chef company working with regional and remote Clients all over Australia and New Zealand. We are always on the hunt for motivated and capable chefs [...]