Think: Colleges Pty
We are currently seeking a Lab Coordinator who will be responsible for ensuring high quality learning outcomes for students through the provision of clinical simulation laboratories in accordance with Think Education’s learning and assessment strategies, and industry accreditation requirements.
Here at Think Education, we do things a little differently. Our staff and teams thrive on being dynamic, resilient and responsive and this role is no exception. Reporting to the State Coordinator Nursing you will join a team of passionate staff who are playing their part in making sure that we are Here for Good .
You will use learning management system tools and data to proactively monitor student engagement and improve the student experience and outcomes. Working collaboratively with the learning hub, success coaches, industry and employability you will ensure academic success, employability and community engagement.
On a typical day in this role you will:
- Support and prepare simulated clinical experiences according to program requirements.
- Ensure laboratory equipment reflects current best practice through identification of new equipment available for learning and advising Line Manager.
- Ensure there are sufficient quantities of consumables available through liaison with subject leads and proactive purchase.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained according to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Engage with manufacturers for up-to-date information on their products and for refresher and upgrade training on new models.
- Set up and prepare equipment for the delivery of educational activities scheduled in the various simulated laboratories.
- Ensure simulation laboratories adhere to OH&S; regulations and accreditation Standards.
- Manage quality and risk assessment in laboratories.
- Contribute to policies and procedures related to the use of the simulation laboratories.
- Maintain current professional development and competencies in the relevant industry, and apply to education delivery.
This is a Permanent Full Time position based at our Flinders St Campus in Melbourne.
Who are you?
To be successful in the Lab Coordinator position you will have:
- Qualification in relevant health industry or laboratory technician
- Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the relevant industry
- Demonstrated experience in the HE/VET sector
- Detailed understanding of the relevant profession and accreditation requirements
- Advanced organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage and apply key conflict resolution skills in the student environment
- High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Satisfactory computer literacy and simulation technology skills
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.
Who are we?
Our ambition is to revolutionise the world of education, increase student employability and make a positive impact. We believe in the power of education to transform lives, and we put our people and students at the heart of everything we do. We want you to be bold, be creative, be good, and be global.
Think Education is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and inclusion and are committed to the attraction, retention and development of all people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability.
We partner with a range of top providers to make your working life a more rewarding and flexible experience. These include:
· Tuition reduction benefits on a range of courses
· Here For Good Day – an annual day of leave for you to give back to your community
· The ability to purchase additional annual leave
Ready to make your difference?
Join the Torrens University team by clicking “APPLY” now!
Applications Close: Sunday, 27th September 2020
Have questions? Send them through to our friendly Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Job Reference Number: 3148429
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
CBS Building Supply is a successful company based in Western Sydney that has been in business for more than 43 years, supplying Bathroom and Kitchen fixtures to Builders, Kitchen manufacturers and Web [...]
Acare Sydney Pty. Ltd. Is all about providing highly personalised care. We offer our services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We provide real-time, flexible, secure, reliable services [...]
About the role An excellent opportunity has arisen for a capable and experienced professional to join our motivated and forward looking Development Assessment team. The City of Parramatta has be [...]
About the role This position is responsible for the delivery of Councils Swimming and Water Safety Program. Dolphins Swim School offers an award winning program to the community on a School Term ba [...]