Think: Colleges Pty
Here at Torrens University, we do things a little differently. Our staff and teams thrive on being dynamic, resilient and responsive and this role is no exception. Reporting to the General Manager, Design and Creative Technology you will join a team of passionate staff who are playing their part in making sure that we are here to deliver exceptional graduate employability outcomes for our students.
On a typical day in this role you will:
- Lead the Design and Creative Technology vertical in product strategy development initiatives including new and existing courses and revenue streams, design, launch planning, and maintenance
- Develop and present commercial business cases with compelling ROI,
and track performance of each course/initiative against these proposals
- Collaborate with the Product Innovation team to continuously advance the quality and differentiation of our courses through new and innovative means
- Grow and leverage strategic relationships with prominent industry and educational providers that can help elevate the status of our courses and drive student experiences
- Represent Torrens University and Media Design School as the lead spokesperson for industry engagement with Design and Creative Technology
- Strive to understand the graduate employability needs of the Design and Creative Technology sector by liaising with Companies, Agencies, Associations and Industry Boards, and contribute to the development of the overall Employability Strategy
- Develop and integrate Employability strategies into the student lifecycle and programs within Design and Creative Technology
This is a Full-time Ongoing position based in Sydney or Melbourne with flexibility of location considered for the right candidate
Who are you?
To be successful in the Director Innovation, Industry and Employability position you will have:
- Extensive business experience in the Design and Creative Technology industry, and a deep knowledge of current industry trends and related employability impacts
- An entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, with a proven capacity to quickly assess, prioritise and act in a timely manner on the right potential opportunities, to track activity against clear commercial success metrics, and to adjust approach/reprioritise in an agile fashion as required to maximise overall return on investment
- Knowledge and understanding of academic standards and procedures, and methods of delivering student outcomes and employability
- An understanding of regulatory requirements as they relate to curriculum, and the ability to translate business needs into education outcomes
- Proven track record of executing and delivering on strategic initiatives, and clear delivery of new and innovative products with clearly measured outcomes
- Strong skills in management, influence and relationship building coupled with high emotional intelligence
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.
Who are we?
Our ambition is to revolutionise the world of education, increase student employability and make a positive impact. We believe in the power of education to transform lives, and we put our people and students at the heart of everything we do. We want you to be bold, be creative, be good, and be global.
Torrens University is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and inclusion and are committed to the attraction, retention and development of all people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability.
We partner with a range of top providers to make your working life a more rewarding and flexible experience. These include:
- tuition reduction benefits on a range of courses
- the ability to purchase additional annual leave
Ready to make your difference?
Join the Torrens University team by clicking “APPLY” now!
Applications Close: Friday 2 October 2020
Have questions? Send them through to our friendly Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]
Job Reference Number: 3159433
Please note that Torrens University reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement prior to the date of closure. A talent pool may be created from this advertising piece to be used in filling comparable future vacancies.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- APS Level 4, APS Level 5, APS Level 6 - Canberra ACT, Sydney NSW, Melbourne VIC, Hobart TAS, Adelaide SA, Perth WA, Darwin NT, Brisbane QLD - $70,988 - $96,895 Successful applicants should demo [...]
Division: Environment & Sustainability Business Unit: Waste Management & Cleansing Title: Driver Litterbin Services (Casual), Casual Role Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches [...]
- Promote an exciting initiative to the public - Grow your career as you drive the nation forward - Ongoing training and support with work-life balance The Company CROSSMARK is Australia's la [...]
My Stepping Stones (MSS) is excited to announce that we are looking for passionate Early Childhood Educators (All qualifications - Cert III, Diploma or ECT) who are CREATIVE, FUN-LOVING, GENUINE AND R [...]