- Ensure programs and projects are delivered successfully
- Support the execution of people-related initiatives across ANZ
- Help deliver our strategic agenda to deliver a better bank
About The Role
Role Location: Melbourne or Sydney
Role Type: 18 months fixed-term & Full-time
About the Team
The People Transformation and Consulting team (PTC) is responsible for the design and delivery of workforce change-related projects across ANZ. PTC is global team, made up of various Chapters (smaller teams) based in Australia, New Zealand, India and the Philippines.
PTC is pivotal in the execution of people-related initiatives across ANZ to deliver on our strategic agenda to deliver a better bank.
The rapidly evolving landscape, combined with the sustained period of ongoing transformation has exponentially increased the complexity and risks with the delivery of people initiatives that has driven the need for an experienced PMO Manager to join our team
About the Role
This newly created role offers the opportunity for an experienced PMO Manager to join our team.
The role will be focused on:
- Project planning and scheduling
- Resource management
- Financial management
- Project tracking and reporting
- Process improvements and delivery standardisation
- Building internal capability around project management
Your key accountabilities:
- Ensure programs and projects are delivered in a controlled, predictable, low-risk and successful manner
- Working with Project Leads to develop, maintain and manage project schedules, risks and governance, and review constraints and milestones to optimise project resources and time
- Working with the Chapter / Project Leads, develop formalised reporting channels to isolate and manage project risks, issues and dependencies, agreeing appropriate risk responses
- Point of contact for PTC risks and issues (with support from PTC Chapter / Project Leads) by continually monitoring, and escalating risks and dependencies at a program level where required; including anticipating prospective roadblocks
- Provide clarity to key stakeholders and project teams, rapidly clear roadblocks to enable the work to progress at pace and deliver effective outcomes
- Working with PTC Chapter / Project Leads, assist in setting up the project for success by structuring and organising the key deliverables and scope of each project, as required
Continuous and process improvement:
- Proactively identify and champion opportunities for innovation to enhance project management strengths, refine areas of improvement, uplift project management capability, and mitigate delivery risk across the entire PTC portfolio of initiatives – e.g. enhancing governance and rigour around work prioritisation, scoping, forecasting demand, resource management and allocation, automation and refinement of current tools, processes and approaches
- Build internal capability around project management for core PMO and PTC team
Project governance, resource management and reporting:
- Develop and improve processes, procedures, and tools for more effective and efficient day-to-day running of the team
- Coordinate and administer practices in order to achieve the maximum levels of effectiveness and efficiency in resource management and allocation
- Manage staffing and resource management for programs and projects including resource utilisation, forecasting and capacity planning, and onboarding activities for new team members
- Monitor and control progress at a project level, develop a consistent reporting mechanism to efficiently achieve oversight of each project status
- Provide regular progress reporting through the required channels; ensure reporting is complete, accurate and timely
- Oversight of financial management and reporting of contractor costs in line with project budgets
- Build and maintain effective relationships with PTC Chapter Leads / Project Leads, business leaders, workstream leads and key stakeholders; anticipating and responding to evolving needs
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Extensive background in establishing and managing large / complex transformation project portfolios to meet strategic goals
- Demonstrated leadership ability, commitment and contribution to team building and working collaboratively to achieve delivery outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate insights to and influence senior stakeholders
- Well-planned, investigative, methodical, detailed focused and solution orientated
- Commercially focused, ability to land practical solutions to achieve business goals
- Collaborative & positive team player and willingness to go beyond immediate role to add value
- Strong analytical expertise, able to analyse information, probe for clarity, produce solutions, make judgement calls, and think systemically
- Adaptable and capable of dealing with complexities and ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
- Proven track record in diagnosing process deficiencies / inefficiencies and implement continuous improvement interventions to ensure optimisation (e.g. Lean Six Sigma)
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We run a plant business in Little River and we are looking for a delivery driver to do deliveries in Melbourne. The driver must be available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. Must have a full Victor [...]
***SUBCONTRACT OWNER DRIVERS WANTED *** ***VANS***TRAYS***WANTED $$$ WORK TODAY - GET PAID TODAY!! $$$ Due to exciting growth in Brisbane, Civic Transport have an opportunity for drivers to join [...]
Roadside mower required for casual work starting ASAP up until Christmas within the Mornington Peninsula area Your new company This local business provides sub-contractor services out to local [...]
Client Relationship Programs Activation Manager Melbourne Drive a significant uplift in NED engagement and KPMG profiling, using the programme as a tool to build interest and drive relationships. [...]