Join our Risk Services team as a Java / C++ Engineer to build trading and supporting systems for the Commodities and Global Markets division of Macquarie to allow our business to make trading decisions and manage risk. Our focus is on building out these platforms to scale with the ever-growing performance and data requirements of our businesses.
You will work closely with both Trading and Risk Management and will need to be able to communicate effectively. Whilst not essential, an understanding of financial concepts will be highly regarded. This is a great opportunity for a developer with strong technical and communication skills to deliver in a challenging and dynamic environment.
At Macquarie we support our teams to explore and grow through experimentation, hackathons, learning and community involvement. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organisation to deliver key business capabilities in an exciting new way.
You role will involve:
- development and delivery of in-house developed solutions
- taking part in full solution delivery lifecycle
- SDLC and Agile methodologies
- working in an evolving DevOps culture, which will give you ownership of your solutions/applications.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in a selection from the following:
- build and maintain new and existing applications using Java / C++, Object-Oriented software analysis and design
- strong knowledge of SQL
- frameworks including Multithreading, Spring and Hibernate
- scripting – Unix, Python
- micro-services / RESTful service design
- experience with AWS
- worked in CI/CD environments
- relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- financial industry experience would be highly regarded.
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link or reach out to [email protected]
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Company Description Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single [...]
Job Description Documentum ECM Engineer - Experience of Documentum Content Server,D2,DFS and Brava installation, configuration and troubleshooting. - Understanding and basic hands-on experien [...]
- Elite Test Automation / Development team - Financial Markets Trading Firm - Highly Technical role - C++, Python, Linux, Automation, Performance, Low Latency - Highly innovative and fast evolving [...]
The Company: Is a Top-Tier International Investment Bank head-quartered in Sydney. The bank has recently embarked on a large scale, bank-wide (5 year) Digital Transformation Initiative. The fo [...]