Yallourn North PS are seeking an after school care coordinator. Our school runs a single staffing model program. The school manages the program with the assistance of School Council.
SC1 Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions in one or more work areas within a school environment.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary.
SC3 Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems, software or technical equipment as relevant to the position.
SC4 Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 A commitment to professional learning and growth.
[Attendance requirement for this position]
Undertakes routine tasks that are usually carried out under close supervision and direction. Work that carries some degree of independence will generally involve a limited number of tasks performed on a regular basis where priorities are clear, procedures are well established and direction is readily available.
Work has little scope for deviation. Problems can usually be solved by reference to well documented procedures and instructions and clearly established practices. Deviation from established procedures will require reference to others for guidance and direction. Assistance is readily available when problems arise. An experienced employee at range 1 will exercise limited judgement within clearly defined guidelines and well established practices that relate specifically to the tasks performed.
Does not carry responsibility for the work of others. More experienced employees will provide basic guidance and advice to others relating to tasks within the work area.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students, but must not include duties of teaching as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students cannot be required except where it is an integral part of the employee's position or involves supervision of students individually or in small groups, in controlled circumstances, where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
Qualification requirements do not operate at range 1. Certification requirements may be required to legally perform specific tasks - e.g. driver's licence, first aid, safe food handling.
- Assist students on an individual or group basis in specific learning areas.
- Assist with the communication between students and teachers, particularly the interpretation of instructions.
- Provide basic physical and emotional care for students.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assist with toileting, meals, lifting, and administration of medication to students requiring special care.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils in playgrounds, at camps, on excursions, in sporting activities, therapy activities and life skills.
- Assist in the preparation of student resources and equipment.
- Prepare basic curriculum support resources.
- Set up and put away equipment and materials in support of teaching programs.
- Observe students and draw the attention of the teacher to them where necessary.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of programs and evaluation of individual student involvement and achievement.
- Assist with communication between teachers and non-English speaking parents/students.
- Assist in the translation of documents.
- Assist students with the preparation and service of meals.
- Ensure work areas and materials, equipment and appliances are maintained in a clean and ready to use condition.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment and purchasing of materials and supplies as required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Personal Care Assistants Baptcare Heritage Manor Community - Morwell Part Time 15 hours per Fortnight - Opportunity to make a significant contribution - A supportive team environment - Sal [...]
FIRST CLASS WELDER Casual work welding out waste bins and other production welding work and processing. Full time opportunities available after a 6 month trial period. Duties Skills/Knowledge [...]
Location: - Morwell - Victoria Category: - Accountancy Work type: - Permanent IntoWork Australia, a not for profit organisation that provides employment and training opportunities fo [...]
- Competitive hourly rate, including BIG rewards program! - On-going casual position, perfect for work-life balance - Work allocated 2 weeks in advance Brand Influence Group (BIG) is an indus [...]