VMware Advisory, part of the Global Strategic Pursuits Practice, collaborates with our major customers to create transformation strategies and business cases. With former C-Level and industry consultants in our ranks, we're authorities on uncovering hidden barriers, finding opportunities and formulating meaningful IT transformation plans.
The team exclusively engages Directors, Vice Presidents and C-Level executives in our most strategic Enterprise Customers to help them navigate the people, process and technology challenges of Digital Transformation.
The Strategic Advisor (Senior Business Solutions Strategist), part of APJ Advisory Services works closely with strategic account teams, professional services,
and sales leadership. The role has a matric reporting relationship to the APJ Advisory Lead and the local Strategic Pursuit Practice Director. The main focus is on the Australia and New Zealand markets however may also include supporting strategic opportunities across the Asia, Pacific, and Japan region. You'll promote the adoption of VMware solutions into the Enterprise accounts segment of VMware’s business. This exciting strategic role combines the competencies of strategy consulting, executive engagement, deal structuring, and leading projects.
Customer advisory and relationship building
- As a Strategic Advisor, you'll foster business relationships with customer executives, both business and technology so that you can map VMware solutions to customer needs.
- Lead executive workshops on business and IT strategy and transformation, operational readiness and change management
- Passionate about new technologies and sharing how the adoption of these new technologies can promote positive business transformation
- Manage own time and engagements to ensure successful outcomes
Expertise and practice development
- Develop insights and PoV’s on essential topics like industry/customer research, strategy, transformation, financial analysis, and benchmarking
- Spread the best processes among functions and teams; lead strategic direction with customers
- Advise VMware account teams on customer business issues and support account planning
- More than 10 years' experience in an Advisory role or similar customer leadership roles
- Ideally previous experience with VMware and associated technologies (Engineer, Architect)
- Established experience with Enterprise and Solution Architecture Frameworks
- Record of building customer relationships and the ability to have meaningful conversations with C-Level audiences
- Present well in front of large and small audiences; ability to abstract and communicate on complex topics
- Have had a role related to one or several markets (i.e. public sector, financial services, telecommunications)
- Experience with the financial, operational and technical challenges faced with running modern-day IT operations at large corporations
- Knowledge of IT-Architectures on the infrastructure and software development side
- Comprehensive industry knowledge that can be leveraged to establish compelling roadmaps for customers
- Flexibility to travel 40% of the time and able to perform well in intense conditions
- Financial and Organisational Skills (financial accounting, return on investment, value realisation, total cost of ownership, budget planning, organisational design)
- Technical and business writing skills (white papers, outstanding responses and proposals)
- Languages: English at professional level
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Drive warehouse productivity for this global business as it continues growing across the ANZ region. Your New Company Your new company are a global manufacturer that service a range of industri [...]
- Outstanding Company Culture - Diverse Range of Infrastructure Projects - Long Term Career Growth Our client has been established for over 40 years and in that time have become one of the most [...]
Reference: VG/YJ1487A At the Department of Justice and Community Safety, we’re looking for people who want to make a difference. People who take pride in their work. People who get things done. Pe [...]
- Great work life balance - Attractive hourly rates and paid to travel - West & Northern Suburbs of Melbourne About this role: Programmed Care is seeking support workers to join our community n [...]