VMware Cloud Solutions Architect
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
The VMware Cloud on AWS Cloud Solutions Architect works autonomously and as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team that is responsible for engaging with clients to understand their business challenges and IT priorities in an effort to design customized VMware Cloud on AWS solutions, that meets their needs. We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware’s strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect, you will be crafting a solution that may include activities such as running strategy & discovery workshop, conducting client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team. This team works with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders in the design and validation of offerings and alignment for a customer’s cloud architecture. Our primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware’s Cloud partner ecosystem in order to design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, hybrid or public cloud architectures. We are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
As a Cloud Solutions Architect you should have excellent listening and discovery skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation.
A mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required. You will take the role of a lead technologist and should have a deep understanding of technology, industry architectures and vertical market use- cases. You will have domain level understanding of cloud infrastructures including compute, network and storage as well as cloud management areas such as automation, operations management, orchestration, and DevOps. Deep knowledge of Cloud Services lifecycle and experience in annuity-based technology consultancy / pre sales is a huge plus.
- Drive client and internal resources and activities to ensure deliverables within scope and time
- Develop/improve workflow for more efficient delivery and reduced overall customer time to value
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to drive customer satisfaction as well as product supportability improvements
- Participate in and drive elements of the pre-sales process to understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements
- Build robust cloud solutions to meet business & technical objectives
- You will present VMware’s holistic cloud strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid and public offerings
- Ability to develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- Ability to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware’s cloud strategy
- Lead technical validation of the VMware Cloud on AWS solution against business/IT needs
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware cloud partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware’s cloud platform.
- You will work within a team to drive account planning with the customer vision, use case and outcomes
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- You will participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware’s cloud strategy
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
- You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
- Be flexible to travel 30%-40 % of the time
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Network Architect - Interesting projects and new technologies - Work and learn from the best people every day - Be yourself at work Accenture Technology Within Accenture Techno [...]
VMware Cloud Solutions Architect At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heig [...]
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encou [...]
**Company Description** At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, L [...]