Department of Education, Skills and Employment
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking an experienced and innovative person for the position of Executive Level 1, Assistant Director based in the Melbourne Office.
The successful applicant will be able to employ a range of skills, moving among a variety of roles with agility and demonstrate effectiveness in each, as priorities change. The position will involve strategic engagement with external stakeholders, including employers and peak organisations, the facilitation of projects supporting employers, linking them with contracted service providers and other labour market intermediaries.
You will proactively monitor and ensure continuous improvement in performance of contracted providers,
so that they meet expectations in all locations in which they are contracted to deliver services. In addition, you will also contribute to policy and program development, and participate in reviews of programs and their implementation.
A key part of your role will also be to provide leadership to staff in a collaborative team based environment that actively promotes a culture of leadership at all levels. This will include responding flexibly to changing needs and priorities, and assisting staff to do the same. At the same time, you will actively mentor and develop people towards the capabilities needed for future APS roles.
Applications are invited from people with the following skills and capabilities:
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and to work across boundaries to achieve positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead staff in an evolving business environment and to build team capabilities to meet current and future business needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage a range of strategic and operational issues simultaneously, and resolve complex and sensitive issues effectively
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to provide clear and accurate advice to stakeholders including employers, service providers, staff, colleagues and managers
- Demonstrated initiative and flexibility with a willingness to contribute to the work of the Delivery and Employer Engagement Division and the department more broadly.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
You: Part Executive Assistant, part operations, part people & culture, with some virtual office management thrown in. Us: Linktree, a rapidly growing Australian tech company. 20,000+ new account sig [...]
Reference: AV/1482638 Ambulance Victoria (AV) currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research Assistant to assist with a project using a large linked dataset to determine pathways [...]
Summary Founded in 1961, Yves Saint Laurent was the first couture house to introduce the concept of luxury prêt-à-porter in a 1966 collection called ‘Rive Gauche’, synonymous with youth and fre [...]
Bicycle Sales Person Opportunities for the successful candidate - Enjoy a great hourly rate with uncapped bonuses - The ability to work varying hours during the week - Promotion within REID to [...]