Australian Capital Territory
Medicines Australia leads the research-based medicines industry of Australia. Their members discover, develop and manufacture prescription medicine products, biotherapeutic products and vaccines that bring health, social and economic benefits to Australia. Their members are committed to the highest ethical standards as they invest in Australian medical research and take local discoveries and developments to the world
About the opportunity
Medicines Australia is embarking on a significant period of transformation. The Head of Strategic Policy Implementation is one of three pivotal roles identified as part of the leadership team to drive change and meet future goals.
The Head of Strategic Policy Implementation is responsible for collaborating, facilitating and harnessing the collective benefit of the multiple stakeholders of the pharmaceutical medicines industry, to influence development of cogent government policy.
This position represents and facilitates consensus among Members, building the reputation of the industry and thereby increasing Member and stakeholder satisfaction. This role will also support the expansion of Medicines Australia's membership base through the implementation of a refreshed Member Value Proposition
- Lead a small team of policy, data, research and stakeholder specialists to develop and deliver the policy and research strategy and operational plan for Medicines Australia
- Lead and define research and analysis of planned government policies
- Deliver submissions and government inquiry responses on behalf of Medicines Australia and its members
- Lead Medicines Australia's representation on the PBAC Sub Committees
- Develop and execute, together with the Head of Stakeholder Communications and the Head of Government Relations, an aligned and strategic multi-stakeholder engagement plan
- Lead a collaborative Member focused and external stakeholder culture in the Policy Team
- Represent Medicines Australia at relevant high level policy development forums, high level government meetings and working groups
- Build relationships with members and stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in relevant discipline (e.g. but not limited to economics/law/health economics/sciences/life sciences/public policy), demonstrating advanced level of education. Post graduate qualifications an advantage
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a leadership role within the pharmaceutical or similar industry, or a peak industry body
- Advanced understanding of the machinery of government processes including the budget cycle and policy development
This is a truly unique opportunity to shape the future of Medicines Australia.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
School Manager - Canberra ACT $107,778 - $121,435 a year Job no: 499726 Work type: Full-time Location: Canberra, ACT Categories: Administration UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South [...]
What an opportunity! Here is your foot in the door with a multinational insurance company who have a newly created role for a Head of Operations - Claims. With a growing portfolio of boutique chal [...]
The Organisation Medicines Australia leads the research-based medicines industry of Australia. Their members discover, develop and manufacture prescription medicine products, biotherapeutic [...]
Classification: Senior Manager 1 (Administration) Salary package: $113,421 - $118,839 per annum plus 17% superannuation Terms: Full time, Continuing We Offer : - Professional and collaborative [...]