Children's Cancer Institute
- Innovative, collaborative and positive team-orientated environment
- Modern, world-class facilities
- Convenient Randwick location, close to transport
Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To
Children’s Cancer Institute is the only medical research institute in Australia wholly dedicated to curing childhood cancer and one of the leading medical childhood cancer research institutes worldwide. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and improve their long-term health, we don’t just hope to do it, we will do it ; and we’re looking for the brightest minds to help us get there.
Children’s Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for our staff thrive with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia – one of the leading cancer research centres in the world. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of cellular, molecular biology and in vivo experiments to study tumour microenvironment and develop novel immunotherapy strategy for Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Gliomas (DIPG). In particular, our research focuses on understanding how the immune system interact with the tumour and can be manipulated to treat brain cancer. Our studies utilise murine models of cancer, state-of-the-art imaging techniques, RNA sequencing techniques, and immunological techniques to explore the role of the immune system in controlling brain cancer progression and response to therapies.
- Conduct research as an independent team member
- Design research experiments
- Operate advanced laboratory and technical equipment safely & effectively
- Make constructive scientific & technical suggestions
- Assist with planning and coordinating the research effort of the Program
- Supervise research staff and students
- Ensure compliance of Program’s research with human ethics and OGTR requirements
- Keep abreast of the latest research techniques in the field of study
- Produce publications and seminar papers from the research
- Record experimental details and data results in laboratory notebook
- Present data both within and outside the Institute when required
Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required
- Doctorate in a relevant scientific or medical field
- 0-5 years’ postdoctoral research experience in immunology
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct experiments independently as well as in a team environment
- A track record of publications
- Advanced computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to conducting experiments involving humans, animals & GMO’s under strict ethical and regulatory guidelines
- Demonstrated commitment to OGTR and other regulatory requirements
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and respect for others
- An interest in developing techniques and using the latest technology in research projects
- Experience with cancer immunology.
- Experience with NK biology.
- Experience with microglia and/or macrophages biology
- Experience in Flow cytometry
- Experience with basic molecular biological techniques such as gene expression and western blotting
- Experience with microscopy.
- Experience or knowledge of small animal imaging and statistical analysis.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Number 34970227 Job Outline - Spacious centre. - Pick your favorite age group. - Centre located within minutes from Randwick Shopping centre and The University of New South Wales. The Centre [...]
We are a business within the hospitality industry with multiple venues in Sydney. We are in need of a handyman to complete general tasks and maintenance across our sites located in Surry Hills, Randwi [...]
Position Information Randwick Public school (44.4% EALD) promotes a culture ofhigh achievement. A nurturing and inclusive environment is created for all970 students who come from a diverse cultural [...]
John Sargent Racing is seeking an experienced Stable Hand to join our dedicated team at our stables located on course at Randwick. We are after someone that is reliable, hard working, confident with [...]