Transport for NSW
About Sydney Metro
Sydney Metro is leading Australia’s biggest public transport infrastructure program; developing, delivering and operating a new world-class metro railway system for Sydney. Our multi-disciplinary team have set out to transform the way Sydney travels and shaping the future of Australia’s largest city.
The Operations, Customer and Place-making team ensures Sydney Metro is equipped to deliver integrated, reliable, customer focused and efficient services. We are also managing large scale place-making projects, designing and developing thriving precincts where community members can gather, connect, shop, work and play.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far and excited for the full vision of Sydney Metro to come to life.
Right now, we have an opportunity for a precinct planner to support place-making and urban planning outcomes throughout all phases of major project development and delivery. A key component of the role is to provide planning services to support innovative and quality place-based outcomes, ensuring that new metro stations are integrated within surrounding precincts and places and customer, community and commercial benefits are optimised.
What You Will Be Involved In
We know the work we do is vital in assisting Sydney’s economic development and, it’s the technical expertise and the depth of knowledge of our people that really sets us apart. Here are some of the key things you will be doing in order to bring about effective change.
- Assist the Manager with a range of precinct planning and development processes (including station, interchange and precinct development plans) to ensure precinct activation outcomes are achieved, and design outcomes and staging plans support project objectives
- Monitor timelines and milestones by reviewing reports, plans and documentation to support strategic master planning activities.
- Provide quality, accurate and timely advice to the Manager to assist in the development of strategies for early activation of station precincts to achieve customer outcomes, including retail/advertising and pop up strategies, urban design and public domain outcomes
- Undertake research and analysis to assist the Manager with the development and implementation of place making and activation approaches for precincts and coordinate with other agencies regarding the preparation of master plans for these complex precincts, where relevant
- Work collaboratively with representatives of local councils, communities and commercial partners to support the development of precincts and places that meet stakeholder requirements and that are desirable for local communities
You are a tertiary qualified urban planning or place-making professional with relevant professional experience, looking for an opportunity to further your career with one of the most influential projects to shape the future of Sydney.
You have experience in working on planning or transport projects to assist with the delivery of great place and planning outcomes. Your good communication skills will enable you to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and support the team’s objectives.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the role description.
Salary And Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 7 ($103,965 - $116,441) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here .
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your most up to date resume through to the online application process
For any enquiries that haven’t been answered here, please contact Omar Awad on [email protected] .
To find out more about Sydney Metro, please click here .
Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday 9th August
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- Executive Level 2 Lower, $119,495 – $134,208, plus an additional 15.4% superannuation - Ongoing - Community Services - Sydney The Bureau of Meteorology is undergoing a significant transformat [...]
See yourself in our team: CommSec is Australia's leading online retail stockbroker providing customers with free access to live prices, price charts and portfolio watch lists and the ability to buy [...]
Workforce International is currently seeking a Receptionist to join their head office team in Rosebery. You will be the first point of contact for clients and visitors. You will also be completing var [...]
icare is currently seeking a Performance and Reward Analyst to join the icare team, providing support on a range of performance and reward initiatives. - Contribute to the role, applying your stron [...]