Palladium: Make It Possible
Logistics Specialist - Sydney
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly,
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, ciolor, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview And Role
Through the Humanitarian Logistics Capability (HLC) Palladium provides high quality, multifaceted, flexible and responsive project management and humanitarian supply chain solutions in support of the Commonwealth of Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Humanitarian Emergency Relief activities.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for supporting the coordination, consolidation, implementation of and adherence to Logistics, Procurement and Warehousing operations for Palladium Logistics (APAC). Through the effective execution of day-to-day logistical operations, the Logistics Specialist will ensure exceptional customer service to both internal and external clients.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Support and coordinate logistics and procurement operations, from quoting to implementation while complying with industry legislation, regulations, and codes across import and export operations
- Obtain freight and transport rates from agents and prepare quotations.
- Coordinate the placement of air and sea booking direct with carriers, airlines, and consolidators as well as relevant export and import documentation as applicable.
- Negotiate competitive rates with all subcontractors, service providers, and suppliers when required.
- Define, develop, and manage project budgets, while monitoring timelines and delivery expectations of multiple projects.
- Support emergency response operations as required and aid in the management of large-scale logistical response activities.
- Support and coordinate freight programs in consultation with relevant Projects and provide reporting as required.
- Ensure adherence to logistics procedures and corporate compliance requirements.
- Tertiary Qualification in Logistics or related field.
- Demonstrated experience Logistics operations.
- Must hold a valid drivers’ licence
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sound knowledge of export documentation and procedures.
- Willingness to travel to remote countries as and when required.
- Experience working with Cargowise Software or similar control System is advantageous.
- Valid forklift licence desirable but not essential
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted on a rolling basis.
Show moreShow less
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Freight Handlers - Warwick Farms Area - $32.00 per hour - Monday to Friday PM Shifts The Company Our client is one of the largest express transportation company, focusing on deliv [...]
The possibilities are endless | Norwest & Yennora Location Overview - Full-time opportunity for a talented Asset Protection Specialist predominantly based in our Bella Vista office - Effective [...]
The Company: TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers a [...]
Internal Communications Specialist Dynamic financial services organisation Broad internal communications role Attractive salary package Fantastic career opportunity for a passionate In [...]