Australian Institute of Family Studies
Research Fellow, Evidence Synthesis & Knowledge Translation
Knowledge Translation & Impact (KTI)
Executive Level 1
Senior Research Fellow, Knowledge Translation & Impact
Non-ongoing for an initial period of up to 12 months with the possibility of extension to a maximum term of 3 years
Full-time or part-time
Friday 19 June 2020
Are you a driven researcher who is skilled at synthesising the best available evidence for improved decision making in policy and practice? Are you passionate about the translation of research to achieve better outcomes for families?
The Knowledge Translation and Impact team are looking for Research Fellows to undertake evidence reviews and develop knowledge translation products in child mental health.
We are the Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS), the Australian Government’s key independent research body and advisor in the area of family wellbeing, based in the Melbourne CBD. We produce research about ‘what works for families’ and make it accessible to decision makers, practitioners and the general public.
The Knowledge Translation and Impact (KTI) team synthesises and translates evidence for decision making about what works for families to improve policy and practice. The KTI team is contributing to the implementation and evaluation of the Emerging Minds project, a National Workforce Centre for Child Mental Health. The activities undertaken within this project are focused on building the capacity of professionals to identify, assess and support children and families at risk of child mental health problems.
To be successful
- You have demonstrated experience in undertaking different types of evidence reviews.
- You understand knowledge translation frameworks and tools and have experience in developing and implementing knowledge translation activities.
- You have demonstrated project management skills.
- You have highly developed interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work collaboratively as an effective team member.
- You have a positive and flexible approach to diverse work demands in a fast-paced environment.
- You have relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in an appropriate social science or behavioural science discipline.
The Research Fellows will produce relevant research and knowledge translation products that help us to bridge the gap between ‘what we know and what we do.’ This key element of our resources ensures that we meet the needs of our stakeholders and audiences to improve evidence-informed decision making.
We will offer the Research Fellow, Evidence Synthesis and Knowledge Translation positions on a non-ongoing basis for 12 months (with the possibility of extension to a maximum term of three years) on a full-time or part-time basis. The position is at EL1 level with a salary range of $99,133 to 109,475 per annum (full-time equivalent) plus superannuation.
Working at AIFS
We provide a family-friendly and flexible workplace that supports the wellbeing and professional development of our diverse workforce. Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Workplace health and wellbeing activities such as yoga, mindfulness, wellbeing sessions, flu vaccinations and a health promotion allowance
- Free and confidential counselling service for employees and dependents
- 15.4% employer contribution to superannuation
- Discounted annual Myki card
- Christmas closedown period with no deduction from leave credits.
Our salaries and conditions of employment are set out in our Enterprise Agreement.
How to apply for this job
Please read through the application requirements and download a full Position Description [PDF, 409 KB]
Applications close Friday 19 June 2020 at 5:00pm.
Please email your AIFS Application form [PDF, 277 KB], CV and covering letter to [email protected]
For further information, contact Human Resources on (03) 9214 7888.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people of all ages and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
DO YOU LOVE LUXURY FASHION? WANT TO JOIN AN ICONIC INTERNATIONAL BRAND? THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!!! This established and iconic luxury brand are looking for a Full Time sales associate for a flag [...]
- Industry placements with leading industry partners - Development of thermal spray coatings onto novel substrates - $34,013 p.a. for up to 3.5 years (full-time, fixed term) About the Centre S [...]
- Expressions of Interest for Global Innovation Linkage Project - Work with leading national and international industry partners - Full time at our Hawthorn campus - $30,000 p.a. for 3.5 years - U [...]
Leading Digital Agency - Exciting New Projects using latest Technology •Port Melbourne location – short tram ride from CBD •Comfortable spacious offices with parking - Work and learn from [...]