Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
Australian Capital Territory
other transport assets in the Katherine Region. This role is key to the Transport and Civil Services Division and reports directly
to the General Manager Transport and Civil Services, with a regional report also to the Senior Director Northern Region. The
position will build and maintain relationships with key transport stakeholders in the Katherine Region and manage the regional
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead the Transport and Civil Services Katherine Regional team in the delivery and management of transport infrastructure
and contract management.
2. Work with the team and external stakeholders to ensure transport infrastructure in the region remains safe and fit for
and provide advice and guidance on the implementation of policy and system changes that impact upon program delivery.
3. Ensure the cost effective delivery of the transport infrastructure program and management of divisional resources, including
monitoring of operational and personnel budgets in the region.
4. Provide advice to the Chief Executive, General Manger Transport and Civil Services, Senior Director Northern Region and
other relevant Departmental managers, industry and the public in relation to transport and civil matters relating to the
5. Manage public stakeholder interface/public consultation for the Katherine Region, build relationships with key local
stakeholders and work in partnership with the other regional directors to ensure a cohesive regional team in DIPL Northern
1. A degree in engineering or other relevant qualification.
2. Significant experience in the delivery and management of transport infrastructure and contract management.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to build, motivate and lead a high performing team by influencing and
4. High level oral and written communication skills including public speaking, presentation and media skills and a proven ability
to develop complex reports, submissions and ministerial and cabinet correspondence.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the differing requirements, cultural values, economic situations and political sensitivities of
stakeholders, including industry groups, Indigenous communities, road users and landholders.
6. A current driver's licence or the ability to obtain.
1. Relevant post graduate qualifications in Engineering, Project Management or Business Management.
2. Knowledge of relevant Northern Territory legislation and policy
3. Experience in the management of a regional office and emergency management.>
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Canberra ACT Contract - 3-6 month Contract Position - Canberra Office - Philip Location - Must have commercial building experience in a supervisory role About the Company Bay Building Servi [...]
Canberra ACT 2600 - face2face Reference Number #12397 - Contract to start on April 2020 till 30 June 2020 - Full Time Hours – Labour Hire Contract - Woden, ACT Location - $51.00 to $58.00 [...]
Canberra ACT Subcontract $60,000 - $70,000 a year Enjoy being outdoors? We are looking to fill multiple Gardener roles around the area to maintain gardens and lawns of clients to a high standard in [...]
Canberra ACT 2600 Full-time, Contract - Short term home based Canberra contract - Must be an Australian citizen with a based line clearance - Immediate start for a daily rate User Research Pro [...]