ACT Government Health
Australian Capital Territory
$56,279 - $59,074 a year
Health Service Officer Level 5 - Menu Monitor (Job Number: 01OU7)
Job Title: Menu Monitor
Classification: Health Service Officer Level 5
Position Number: 36277
Annual Salary: $56,279 - $59,074
Branch: Infrastructure and Health Support Services
Section: Food Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent Full Time 38 hour per week
Closing Date: 1 April 2020
Contact Officer: Sanjay Prasad (02) 5124 2177 [email protected]
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care.
It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Six community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community based health services including Early Childhood Services, Youth and Women’s Health, Dental Health, Mental Health, Alcohol and Drug Services.
Overview of the work area and position
The Infrastructure and Health Support Services Group is responsible for the infrastructure delivery, maintenance and a diverse array of non-clinical support services with the primary focus of delivering timely patient centric solutions across the CHS organisation.
The function of the Food Service Department is to prepare and serve meals and beverages to patients, staff and visitors, as well as the provision of services to other facilities of ACT Health Services north and south of Canberra.
The Food Service Department prepares, cooks and serves an average equates to approximately 3000 meals daily for Canberra Health Services and National Capital Private Hospital.
Food Service is organised into the following functional areas:
Food Service Administration,
- Operation Support Services - Food preparation and Food Production,
- Patient Services – Meal Plating and Rethermalisation / Meal deliveries to patients/Menu monitors,
- Cafeteria – Food, meals and drinks for staff and guests,
- Stores – Receipt, dispatch and storage of perishable and non-perishable food supplies,
- External sites, Dhulwa and other Community Centres.
- Industry recognized qualifications.
- Food Safety Certificate.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Minimum three years relevant food service experience highly desired.
- Relevant experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Relevant food service IT systems.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- This position is a rotating shift roster which includes weekends, Public holidays and evenings.
An order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies at level over the next 12 months.
Under the professional direction of the Patient Services Coordinators in consultation with Clinical and Nutrition Teams at TCH/NCPH manage the coordination of the menu requirements for the effective operation of the Menu Office consistent with the relevant policies, procedures and guidelines of ACT Health.
- To manage meal tray assembly compliance within the patient services team as per guidelines of the My Meal System.
- Liaise with INTACT regarding My Meal System errors and implement contingency plans as per required.
- Review Quality Assurance Reports in a timely manner and perform Quality Assurance checks as part of the ‘My Meal’ Key Performance Indicator System Reporting.
- Manage phone requests regarding patient diets requirements or ‘bulk’ meal orders in conjunction with Nutrition and in accordance with Hospital Policy.
- Follow nutritional and food safety guidelines relating to products substitutes, notifications on meal assembly line and manage report generation of round lists, tray cards, menu, production lists and late meal reporting/management to ensure timely distribution.
- Assist in the development and training of new staff in ‘My Meal’ DIETPAS, hardware management and downtime/contingency operations as required. Attend all Mandatory, ‘My Meal’, Nutritional, and Food Safety Training sessions as required.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the section.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your curriculum vitae and experience. Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them.
1. Relevant experience or commitment to undertake training in a computer based integrated food and Nutrition Management System as it applies to Patient Services and food production requirements.
2. Demonstrated customer relations, negotiation, risk management and problem solving skills in a ‘sensitive’ patient service environment.
3. Developed people management skills clinical, nutrition and patient relates in the daily assistance, ordering and troubleshooting of patient meal requirements. High level written communication skills in a patient environment.
4. Knowledge of dietary and food safety requirements associated with patient care.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to Work, Health and Safety (WHS) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Service’s values of Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind.
How to Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply
For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.
Salary Range: 56,279.00 - 59,074.00
Closing Date: 01/Apr/2020, 7:59:00 AM
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Canberra ACT Contract - 3-6 month Contract Position - Canberra Office - Philip Location - Must have commercial building experience in a supervisory role About the Company Bay Building Servi [...]
Canberra ACT 2600 - face2face Reference Number #12397 - Contract to start on April 2020 till 30 June 2020 - Full Time Hours – Labour Hire Contract - Woden, ACT Location - $51.00 to $58.00 [...]
Canberra ACT Subcontract $60,000 - $70,000 a year Enjoy being outdoors? We are looking to fill multiple Gardener roles around the area to maintain gardens and lawns of clients to a high standard in [...]
Canberra ACT 2600 Full-time, Contract - Short term home based Canberra contract - Must be an Australian citizen with a based line clearance - Immediate start for a daily rate User Research Pro [...]