Abt PNG Management Services supports the PNG Australia Governance Partnership which aims to contribute to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The Facility is responsible for the design and implementation of the majority of Australia’s governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments. Bringing governance activities under one umbrella, the Facility allows for greater coherence between, and consolidation of, individual activities, effective gender mainstreaming, smarter administrative, contracting and management processes, and improved knowledge sharing and actions on lessons learned across the governance portfolio.
There are seven Partnerships that the Facility supports, each with their own governance arrangements:
- Public Sector Leadership and Reform (PSLR)
- Decentralisation and Citizen Participation (DCP)
- Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth (EGIG)
- Kokoda Initiative
- Bougainville Partnership
- PNG Partnership Fund (PPF)
- Institutional Partnerships Program Deployment Support Services (IPPDSS)
The Bougainville Partnership (BP) is framed around the objectives of the Bougainville Peace Agreement, development and implementation of the Bougainville Strategic Development Plan (BSDP) 2018-2022. The ABG intends the BSDP becomes the principal reference point for program and sector development in Bougainville and will guide development partner investment consistent with its objectives and priorities.
Role Summary – Driver
The Driver is primarily responsible for all driving related tasks for the Bougainville Partnership program ensuring that the office vehicle is maintained according to the vehicle policy and procedures in the operations manual and provide any logistical support as required for field activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Carrying out all program related driving tasks where required
- Ensuring the Fleet Policy is followed at all times
- Driving and/or accompanying Bougainville Partnership staff on field/town travel as needed for them to fulfill their duties
- Maintaining daily vehicle movement logbooks (for all journeys and fuel and oil purchases)
- Ensuring vehicle documents are current, including safety sticker/registration
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle
- Attending to afterhours call outs when required
- Ensuring all incidents are reported on the spot
- Ensuring all vehicle defects are reported to immediate supervisor
- Provide administration support where required
- Ensure Pre-Checks are done prior to any travel been done and copy handed over to immediate supervisor for documenting
- Support logistics and administration duties as directed.
Further details in regard to this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the Information for Applicants available from the Careers page of Abt Associate's website at:
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 29 March 2020 (Midnight local time)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
1800DRIVERS Do you want to work for a national, multi-modal transport and logistics company? Located at Bromelton near Beaudesert which is within the Scenic Rim Region, you will be delivering ge [...]
Due to expansion, Operations is currently looking for Ready To Go MC Truck Drivers. Assignments are leaving all time slots. Runs to Brisbane and Sydney and Adelaide. Due to expansion, Operations [...]
1800DRIVERS We are Looking for a ready to go HR Driver must have good local knowledge. Must have Rear Lift Experience An amazing opportunity for a HR Driver to work in the waste industry with [...]
1800DRIVERS Looking for linehaul MC distance driver for work from Arndell Park to Brisbane two trips per week. Shifts can be Monday to Friday depending on requirements Our client is currently [...]