Australian Red Cross
- Full time temporary role to September 2020
- Based across our offices in North Melbourne and Dandenong
- Two key projects – Building Inclusive Communities and Welcoming Workplaces
About Red Cross
Australian Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian movement in the world seeking to build a better society based on people helping people.
About the role
Lead and coordinate two projects in Migration Support Programs, based across office sites in North Melbourne and Dandenong.
The Building Inclusive Communities project (two days per week) focuses on the outer south east to build capacity in schools to engage with people seeking asylum and refugees in their school communities.
The second project is Welcoming Workplaces (three days per week) which aims to increase awareness of the experience of forced migration. It seeks to support and encourage workplaces to build cultural diversity by giving people seeking asylum and refugees a workplace opportunity.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience working in both community education and workplace settings
- Excellent understanding of social inclusion policy and practice frameworks in the context of migration
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including on the review and development of resources
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation skills along with excellent writing skills
- Strong group facilitation skills in a child, youth and adult learning environments
- An ability to recruit, train, co-ordinate and support lived experience and co-facilitator volunteers
Why work for us?
Work for purpose, know that the work you do enables Red Cross to support and empower people and communities in times of vulnerability.
You can access flexible working arrangements and generous salary packaging options that can increase your take home pay by paying certain expenses using pre-tax dollars up to $15,900 a year.
This position requires Working with Children registration in Victoria, a National police check and a current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC Reference: VG/1443762B The Equality and Youth branch maintains two distinct portfolios: - The Equality portfolio. The Branch supports the Minister for Equality and champions divers [...]
Victoria - Tertiary Students Only - Various Locations - Various Positions Student Placement (Tertiary) Program Tertiary Students Maroondah City Council offers Student Placements for st [...]
Bairnsdale VIC About the role Workways Australia Ltd is seeking expressions of interest from people with relevant skills for an independent external member position on our Audit, Financial and Risk [...]
Victoria About the company With over 20 years of experience in the industry, Regis is a leading Aged Care provider that strives to provide quality care and support to suit the individual needs of s [...]