New South Wales
New South Wales
NSW - Other
About t he Care Home
Bupa Waratah is a modern care home set in the quiet north-western residential suburb of Newcastle. Within this 109 bed care home we offer residential, respite and specialised dementia care to our residents. You will be close to the local community with Waratah village shopping centre, parks including Blackbutt reserve, Newcastle Harbour, local beaches and John Hunter and Mater Misericordiae Hospital nearby. Our primary is goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents..
Our Cardiff care home is set in a quiet residential suburb in the City of Lake Macquarie. It consists of 50 beds, across 2 x floors.
Our primary goal is placing our focus on the health, lifestyle and well-being of our residents.
About t he Role
Working as part of team of empathetic and caring clinical professionals, you will make a positive impact on the life of our residents with your compassionate, supportive approach that empowers our residents’ choices and independence.
We currently have casual Carer opportunities at our Bupa Cardiff and Waratah home
- Social activities
- Medication Assistance
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Cert III in an Aged Care qualification is essential with Cert IV highly regarded
- Previous aged care experience highly regarded
- The ability to work as part of a tight knit team and take direction as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An understanding of Resident Rights, Aged Care Accreditation Standards and Outcomes
- Must have a current national police certificate or be willing to complete a criminal history check
- Must have flexible availability for a variety of shifts throughout the week, including weekends and evenings
- Work close to home in one of our many community based homes
- Flexibility across our 24/7 operations
- Generous leave provisions including 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Generous discounts on health, travel, home, car, landlords and pet insurance
- 35% discount on frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories at Bupa Optical stores
- 10% discount at Bupa Dental clinics
- Health and wellness initiatives and discounts through Bupa SMILE program
- Discounts at Apple and Samsung
- Clinical learning opportunities and more through online and face to face training
How to Apply
Please click Apply to be taken to our online application process. Please note that as part of your application you will also be asked to complete a number of pre-employment checks including Criminal History and a Pre-Employment medical.
About Bupa Aged Care Australia
Bupa Aged Care Australia is the largest private residential aged care provider in Australia with over 9,000 employees providing care and services to 6,500 residents across 70+ homes. At Bupa we focus on a person first approach that ensures our residents and their families are at the centre of everything we do and that we deliver our purpose of ensuring longer, healthier, happier lives.
‘Our people reflect the diversity of our community. At Bupa, your wellbeing, identity and own story is respected and valued.
Find purpose in your career at Bupa ’.
Job Posting End Date
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
New South Wales Contract $160 an hour - Accommodation provided and travel capped at $800 - Availability of blocks preferred - Availability of blocks preferred A Eastern NSW hospital require [...]
Woolloongabba QLD 4102 $69,000 - $78,000 a year Open Minds a leading provider of mental health and disability support services in Queensland and Northern New South Wales. With over 100 years of hist [...]
Parkville VIC Dietitian - Grade 3 (Complex Care) - Part, Time Ongoing role (0.5FTE) - Parkville location - Fabulous employee benefits The Hospital: The Royal Children's Hospital (RCH) Me [...]
New South Wales - HSP Team Leader position, Based in Wollongong, NSW - Full time parental leave replacement role until 1 October 2020 - Work for the world's largest humanitarian movement About [...]