Northern Health Australia
At Northern Health, we take care of the residents of Melbourne’s north, by providing a diverse range of health services, at Northern Hospital Epping, Broadmeadows Hospital, Craigieburn Centre and Bundoora Centre. We also collaborate with our partners to help expand the range of healthcare services offered to our culturally rich and diverse community.
The rheumatology service provides diagnostic and management services to patients with a wide range of rheumatological conditions. It provides outpatient clinic based services as well as an inpatient consult service and works closely with other specialist and general medical teams to provide coordinated care for patients with complex rheumatological conditions.
The appointee will be expected to:
- Support and assist the Rheumatology Unit Head in the provision of high quality medical services at Northern Health, consistent with Northern Health values.
- Provide clinical leadership through active involvement in patient care.
- Be available to medical colleagues for consultation and liaison as appropriate regarding patient care.
- Be immediately available for urgent consultation and assistance in resuscitation and subsequent management of critically ill or injured patients.
- Contribute to ongoing service improvement and clinical and workforce innovation to ensure Northern Health provides high quality accessible General Medical Services within allocated resources and meets the needs of Northern Health patients.
- Support academic, research, education, training & supervision (both medical and nursing undergraduates and postgraduates) roles in the medical Unit
- Participate in the Rheumatology Unit on-call roster
We can offer:
Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.
Work with us! Your reward is to work in a collaborative environment which will provide you with opportunities for ongoing training and development. Your benefits will include salary packaging, and employee assistance program.
Next Steps . . .
All applicants must complete the online credentialing process by clicking the following link:
Northern Health Medical Credentialing System
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
Essential: Medical registration with the Medical Board of Australia under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Essential: Undergraduate medical qualification as a first degree is essential – MBBS, MD, PhD or equivalent
Essential: Appropriate specialty qualifications such as Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP ) or equivalent is essential
Essential: A current national criminal history police check (completed upon appointment)
Essential: A Working with Children’s Check or ability to apply for
Essential: A current Aged Care Criminal History Check
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC Temporary Aged Care facility in the South East Suburbs requires an experienced maintenance officer for a temporary role Your new company Located in the South East Suburbs of Melbo [...]
Melbourne VIC We are looking for an emerging leader within the field of Architecture to join our well-established Department of Architectural and Industrial Design. In the role of a Lecturer, you wil [...]
West Melbourne VIC Permanent This permanent position in a leading Manufacturing business with responsibilities in Payroll and HR. Your new company Working in a successful manufacturing business [...]
Melbourne VIC Temporary $40 an hour The Opportunity Our client is seeking experienced welders for general fabrication work at a processing plant in the Eastern Suburbs. Our client delivers mechani [...]