Life Without Barriers
Job no: 493753
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Albury Wodonga & Murray, Sydney
Categories: Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants.
We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The Client Intake and Support Officer is the first point of contact for engagement with potential new customers seeking disability, age care and mental health support services from Life Without Barriers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a responsive, reliable and customer focused experience, coordinating the intake and engagement process for all potential customers enquiring about LWB services as well as ensuring a high standard of client experience is maintained through monitoring service agreements.
Based in our Albury office on a 12 Month Full Time Contract, the ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience, demonstrate a strong client-centred approach and have previous experience working with people with a disability and their support networks.
- Work proactively and positively with customers and stakeholders, including families, guardians, support coordinators and the NDIA
- Work within the principles of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and relevant legislation
- Ensure all enquiries are responded to in a timely and professional manner
- Provide information about service capacity and limitations to customers
- Work with relevant staff to scope and establish the agreed service prior to service delivery
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner and in line with LWB disability policy and procedures
- Communicate with customers in relation to any changes or service limitations within five business days of enquiry
- Provide weekly (or as directed) reports to the Operations Manager that includes new customer data, exits, trends and positive outcomes
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications with a minimum of a Certificate IV in Disability, Mental Health or Community Services or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Current driver’s license
- Demonstrated relevant experience in working with people with a disability and their support networks
- Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic, high volume work environment
- Excellent customer service/engagement skills
- High level knowledge of relevant community networks and mainstream disability services
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Work within a supportive environment with excellent career opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at [email protected]
Applications close midnight Sunday the 29th of March, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: 18 Mar 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Mar 2020 23:55 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Agile Test Analyst, Sydney CBD, Six Month Contract Your new company This role sits within a large Government agency based in Sydney's CBD. Your new role A Test Analyst is required to coo [...]
Dialect Switch Pty Ltd is currently looking for a brand ambassador for video advertising our services. The candidate must have outstanding command of native English skills. This is just a short [...]
HR Business Partner required for a 3 month contract based in Inner West Your new company Reporting in to the Director of HR Business Partners, this Human Resources Business Partner roles is wor [...]
Join our growing Sydney Plastering Division. The must haves: -Plastering experience -Sheetig experience -Cornice experience -Sanding experience -Experience working in homes -Ability to work alone when [...]