$30 - $35 an hour
- 6 month contract
- Well recognised Tertiary Institution
- 2 Contract Positions
The primary function of the position is to provide timely and effective technical and troubleshooting support for Tier 1 and 2 IT service functions for clients across the Institution. The position will frequently be a major link between IT Department and the client and must therefore provide good communication to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide phone/email/remote assistance to diagnose and resolve hardware and software faults on assigned devices, including basic support for AV equipment, with the assistance, if necessary,
of more experienced staff and/or vendor support sections, ensuring that jobs are responded to, resolved and/or escalated promptly. Where remote assistance is not possible due to the nature of the service request, provide on-site support.
- Undertake the use of tools for applications such as WEBDNS, DHCP, AD, Exchange, ITAM and other applications as skills permit.
- Use customer service practices including courtesy, helpfulness and follow-through in all aspects of service requests, incident and problem management, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Participate in team meetings and team building exercises.
- Maintain and update documentation as required, including, but not limited to work procedures, technical documentation and client documentation.
- Utilise service management software to actively monitor tickets and maintain accurate and timely information about the status of jobs.
- Be responsive to local business requirements, which may include the processing of staff and student applications for access to IT resources.
- Where appropriate, provide training to staff and students in emerging software and hardware technologies and applications.
- Maintain records in the IT Asset Management System (ITAM), participate in the annual stocktake task and dispose of IT equipment according to policy.
- Where directed, undertake projects relating to the management, development or maintenance of equipment to support teaching, research and business needs, in a team member role.
- The Contractor may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the classification and within the limits of their skill, competence and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Qualifications and training equivalent to an undergraduate degree in IT or related field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Experience in dealing with people in a service capacity within an IT environment.
- Knowledge of PC and/or Macintosh operating systems and software and their operation in networked environments, and experience providing support in several of the following PC operating system environments: Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
- Experience in providing support in mobile technologies.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills particularly in documenting processes and work instructions, and interpreting client requirements.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skills in providing effective remote assistance and on-site support.
- Familiarity with service management frameworks.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively either alone or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines, pay attention to detail and maintain professionalism
- Experience working on project teams as a team member.
- Knowledge of audiovisual technologies.
- Knowledge of server operating systems.
- Awareness of emerging technologies
These positions are available for an immediate start. Apply now to ensure consideration.
Graham Eather or Karen Gordon
07 3232 2300
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Desktop Support Officer Our Perth based client is seeking multiple Desktop Support Technicians to assist their staff to access and fully utilise the IT systems that are currently available to them. [...]
Brisbane QLD Temporary About Brisbane School of Distance Education The Brisbane School of Distance Education provides lessons in an on-line environment to over 3500 students with a production of [...]
Level 2 Desktop Support Officer - 6 month contract - Well recognised Tertiary Institution - 2 Contract Positions The primary function of the position is to provide timely and effective techni [...]
Infrastructure Support Officer About Autism Queensland We provide specialised education, therapy and support services for people of all ages on the autism spectrum and their families. For furthe [...]