Palladium Group, Inc.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The PLF facilitates seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the PLS and provides targeted support to SWP. The PLF is managed by Palladium and provides the backbone of Australia's future support for circular labour mobility in the Pacific under the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The PLF has been established as a trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers.
The Deputy Team Leader - Programs is a key member of the senior management team, contributing strategic leadership to the Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) program and responsible for management and strategic oversight of the End of Program Outcomes (EOPO) 1,2 and 3 streams, driving staff performance and learning, high quality program implementation and effective stakeholder engagement. These three EOPOs involve: increasing the number of Australian employers engaged in the Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS), increasing the supply of workers available to participate in the PLS and ensuring worker support strategies are effectively implemented and reported.
Under the direction of the Team Leader, the Deputy Team Leader - Programs will be responsible for the following duties and accountabilities:
Strategic Leadership and Management
- Deputise for the Team Leader at external stakeholder engagement events and functions.
- Develop and execute PLF strategies that will drive long term and sustainable circular labour mobility results in accordance with the PLF's objectives and DFAT policies
- Working closely with the Deputy Team Leader - Operations and Performance, ensure coherence and connectivity between the EOPO streams
- Ensure all project activities are compliant with relevant DFAT and Palladium policies.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance of all major program deliverables relating to EOPO 1, 2 and 3
- Oversee the development of a culture of high performance through the application of adaptive management principles
- Ensure the EOPO 1,2 and 3 stream leads deliver high-quality, timely and accurate delivery of outputs to its primary clients, providing oversight and quality assurance across all three sections on key outputs such as the annual report
- Ensure the EOPO 1,2 and 3 responds to high priority demands for information and support coming from primary clients, including DFAT
- Work with the wider PLF senior management and teams to explore, design and implement ways to best achieve (and demonstrate achievement of) the PLF's outcomes
- Ensure the team effectively drives diversity and inclusion across the PLF portfolio with attention to gender equality, disability inclusion and indigenous engagement.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders (including DFAT, Posts, PIC agencies, other government agencies and other DFAT programs)
- Act as a trusted intermediary, and coordinate engagement between multiple stakeholders, including employers, workers, DFAT, other government agencies, LSUs in Pacific Countries, the APTC, industry groups and unions
- Promote effective internal working relationships with the PLF management and leadership maintaining a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
Human Resource Management
- Line management of the Supply, Demand and Worker Welfare Leads including performance planning and reviews, coaching and mentoring, and problem-solving
- In collaboration with Deputy Team Leader - Operations and Performance, ensure effective coordination and collaboration across the various sections of the EOPO 1, 2 and 3 identifying synergies, gaps and overlaps
- Promote strong communications (particularly with those staff who are geographically isolated from the rest of the team)
- Ensure all team members understand and adhere to PLF policies and procedures, including through regular training and updates.
- Minimum 15 years' relevant work experience in team leadership and management, particularly for a diverse/multi-cultural team. Demonstrated competence at managing large complex programs and diverse, multi-cultural teams. DFAT experience would be an asset but is not a requirement
- Demonstrated ability to think and work strategically, and to devise short-term tactics and interventions that will generate long term results that will be sustained
- Demonstrated ability to engage tactfully, respectfully and productively with government representatives, both in donor countries and in developing countries like the Pacific. Experience working with donors and governments in the Pacific
- A strong understanding of how development happens, and an appreciation of how to improve the functioning of systems in developing and developed countries
- Demonstrated experience in risk management
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of circular labour mobility key concepts and issues in Australia and the Pacific
- Excellent interpersonal and social skills including cross-cultural experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in the English language
- Extensive staff and resource management experience.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Political Economy Analysis
- Visas, migration programming and labour mobility
- Political analysis and reporting.
Due to the critical nature of this role we will be reviewing applications as they are received and contacting candidates with the relevant experience for initial discussions.
You must have valid Australian work rights to apply for this role. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Penrith NSW Full-time, Casual We are seeking experienced DAY & NIGHT SHIFT Flocon drivers to join our team as we have taken on additional contracts. We are looking for career minded, Ambitious and [...]
Parramatta NSW $62,199 a year - 3 x Permanent Full-Time positions available 3 x Permanent Full-Time positions available About the role Parking Officers will take pride in monitoring complia [...]
Bibra Lake WA Part-time Fast paced and exciting work environment We are marine supply company in Bibra Lake. we supply wide range of marine & offshore store & equipment vessels, coming to Western A [...]
Victoria - On site gym! - CBD fringe location - $70-$80k package About the Role – - Liaising with clients, face to face, over the phone and via email - Organising travel and accomm [...]