Department of the Attorney-General and Justice
To provide a high level of administrative and secretarial support to the Deputy Chief Executive
Context Statement: The person in this position is the first point of contact for interactions with the Deputy Chief
Executive Officer, Department of the Attorney-General and Justice (AGD) and one of two executive assistants providing
high level support to the Executive Unit of AGD.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide high level of executive support to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer including the preparation of
correspondence, maintaining records, initiate follow-up actions to ensure deadlines are met, compiling and
distributing meeting papers, maintenance of diaries,
resolution of conflicting commitments, management of travel
itineraries and handling telephone inquiries and visitors.
2. Liaise effectively and discreetly with all levels of staff within the department, external agencies, outside organisations
and Ministers’ offices.
3. Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a highly professional approach and attitude.
4. Assist the Senior Executive Assistant and the Executive Unit as required.
1. Proven effective administrative and secretarial skills at the executive level, including attention to detail and the ability
to be discreet, maintain confidentiality and discern sensitive issues.
2. Highly developed written and oral communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail,
demonstrated experience in preparing complex correspondence and papers.
3. In depth knowledge of office procedures and practices, including experience using file and record management
systems including Tower Records Management (TRM) or similar records management database systems.
4. Evidence of high order interpersonal skills including a highly organised and motivated approach to work and the
ability to prioritise and coordinate tasks.
5. Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a team member and ability to liaise effectively with
all levels of staff, including Government Ministers and senior Northern Territory (NT) Government officials and ability
to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
1. Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of the Department’s structure, functions and corporate objectives, the structure
of the NT Public Sector, key stakeholders and the role of the Department.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Darwin NT Provide sound advice to the Commissioner and staff on the content and delivery of community engagement through social media and education programs. Manage the communication and media st [...]
Alice Springs NT Provide a high level of administrative support and assistance to the Sentence Management Team, maintain accurate and effective records in the Agency’s electronic documents and [...]
Darwin NT $120,545 - $134,667 a year WHOLE OF GOVERNMENT JOB DESCRIPTION Agency Department of the Attorney-General and Justice Work Unit Director of Public Prosecutions Job Title Sup [...]
Alice Springs NT Provide expertise, assistance and advice in the preparation of Offender Management Plans including conducting risk/needs and other assessments, advising on appropriate interventi [...]