Alice Springs NT
The Disability and Development Officer is a role within Families and Regional Services and is accountable to the Manager
Disability Support for providing expert advice, assessment and leading and managing the implementation of support services to Territory
Families’ teams to support client’s access to National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) early intervention and funded plans. They are
required to actively build relationships with key stakeholders to promote Territory Families’ children and young people with diagnosed, or
suspected disabilities, including those with exceptionally complex behaviours, to access to NDIS services and plans and high quality disability
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and implement systems and processes for the management the coordination of Territory Families’ children and young people
access to the NDIS, liaising with National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and NDIS partners regarding participant access and early
2. Undertake functional disability assessment for children and young people in care as required.
3. Review participant’s NDIS plans and the services required and provide support to Territory Families’ teams by developing and
implementing proactive strategies to identify clients with disabilities and developmental delays, and support their timely access to NDIS
4. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff across Territory Families and with relevant external organisations, in
particular the NDIA, NDIS partners and non-government providers to support outcomes for children and young people inclusive of
Aboriginal children and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
5. Develop and maintain personal and professional skills within the Disability Support Team to support continuous improvement and high
standards of service delivery.
6. Ensure the availability of reliable data and compliance with the legislation, policy and procured relating to children and young people in
care’s disability needs.
1. An appropriate degree or equivalent qualification in either Social Work, Psychology, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech
Pathology or Developmental Education which entitles registration or membership with the relevant board or association. All requirements
to maintain registration or membership must be fulfilled.
2. High level interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues both verbally and in writing with key stakeholders
and communicate effectively with people from diverse professional backgrounds including government, non-government and community
3. Experience utilising clinical assessment, reasoning and advanced problem solving skills to provide direction for complex situations, basing
decisions on knowledge if the NDIS, the specialist disability service system and best practice disability service delivery.
4. Demonstrated understanding of the nature of disability and development delay and the impacts for individuals, families and society.
5. Demonstrated knowledge in advising staff and contributing to service development relevant to children and young people with disabilities
and challenging behaviour, particularly those in alternative care.
6. Ability to analyse and integrate data to design and implement creative solutions, systems, processes and strategies that minimise risk and
meeting identified needs in a timely manner.
7. Demonstrated ability to apply culturally sensitive child protection practice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and community
from culturally and linguistically diverse background.
The recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children Clearance notice and undergo a criminal history check
(a criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history).
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Darwin NT Provide high quality and confidential administrative, reception and secretarial support to the operational offices and leadership group within the Greater Darwin Region, Territory Famil [...]
Katherine NT To provide a high level of administrative, financial, secretarial and computer support to the Big Rivers Child Protection Office to facilitate the delivery of quality statutory child [...]
Alice Springs NT As a member of a team, and under professional supervision, provide placement support services to children, young people and their families aimed at reducing the risk of harm to c [...]
Alice Springs NT The Administrative Support Officer provides high level administrative services to support the delivery of statutory and non-statutory services to parents and young people by the [...]