As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Plan education practices and delivery sessions that reflect the most effective way to engage learners
- Develop and deliver planned teaching sessions in a variety of innovative and adaptive ways, using technology, including Moodle, to engage learners and meet their needs and learning styles
- Implement a continuous improvement approach to the quality of teaching and learning that enables a safe and supportive learning environment for diverse learners and enhances the student experience by improving engagement and encouraging success
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as employers, schools and other education providers to explore pathway options for learners as required
- Implement the Institute’s Educational Excellence Framework across all teaching and learning practice
- Maintain professional development by ensuring educational currency and excellence and actively participating in the development of own annual professional development plan in line with Institute practices and policies
You will have relevant tertiary qualification in:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or qualifications that meet the minimum 2015 RTO Standards
- 3 year Australian undergraduate degree or equivalent and a post graduate TESOL qualification in adult education or a teaching degree with TESOL as a method
- Vocational qualifications at AQF level 6
- Vocational currency as demonstrated through a range of work and related experience
- Registration with Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) or Working With Children Check
Crucial to your success will a strong understanding of contemporary approaches education, teaching and learning. A proven track record in design and delivery of up to-date and engaging programs in conjunction with the ability to motivate and guide students to optimise their learning outcomes. You will have the ability to quickly develop rapport with students and colleagues from a diverse background in a collaborative and innovative environment. As well as have a firm understanding of educational administration tools and practices.
New graduates are welcome to apply. Previous applicants need not apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close 9am Monday 17 February 2020
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Claire Gregory, Operations Manager EAL (Acting), Foundation College on +613 9238 8373.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabilities will be to: [...]
Berwick VIC Students from participating secondary schools in the Casey area access the Tech School for specialised programs involving STEAM and Project-based Learning. Casey Tech School also delivers [...]
Bass VIC Casual You will be accountable for providing professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learne [...]
Mornington Peninsula VIC Casual As an Industry Expert or Teacher, you will be accountable within the discipline of Plumbing, for providing professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all [...]