This position is accountable for providing operational and administrative support to the Built Environment Services (BES) Business Area and the General Manager through the coordination of administrative activities and the provision of customer service functions.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Ensure delivery of an agreed work plan and projects to meet agreed priorities and targets for providing of departmental service within time and budget expectations
- Provide project and research support to ensure projects are able to meet targets and stakeholder expectations
- Maintain data for works expenditure and liaise with Finance to ensure alignment with projections and targets for projects
- Process progress claims for capital works project reimbursements from the Higher Education Skills Group (HESG) and other funding organisations to ensure consistent cash flow is maintained
- Ensure all contract documents are prepared for and quality standards are met for approval by the Department Manager, General Manager and Members of the Executive.
- Prepare agendas and minutes at meetings to ensure follow up actions are recorded and completed.
You will have a relevant post-secondary qualifications or equivalent demonstrated experience within Administration and / or Facilities Management.
Crucial to your success will be your proven experience in providing administrative support in a complex and busy environment. With demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport, prioritise, problem solve, meet deadlines and have strong attention to detail. You have a flexible working style and can multi-task and problem solve. A team player as well as being able to work autonomously will see you succeed as you achieve strong results and meet your targets.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close Monday 27th January 5pm.
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Richard Pratten, General Manager – BES, 03 9212 5363.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabilities will be to: [...]
Berwick VIC Students from participating secondary schools in the Casey area access the Tech School for specialised programs involving STEAM and Project-based Learning. Casey Tech School also delivers [...]
Bass VIC Casual You will be accountable for providing professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance to ensure excellent outcomes for learne [...]
Mornington Peninsula VIC Casual As an Industry Expert or Teacher, you will be accountable within the discipline of Plumbing, for providing professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all [...]