Ballarat Health Services
Central Allocations Unit
The Central Allocations Unit is seeking applications from Ward Clerks to join our casual bank. The role requires staff to work across all sectors including:
- Residential Services
- Sub-Acute Services
- Acute Services including
The Ward Clerk provides frontline reception, clerical and administrative support to the clinical unit, program or service. The role performs a wide range of administrative support tasks to assist and ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the clinical unit / program. Ward Clerk hours are 7.30am-3.30pm or 2.00pm–8.00pm and would include weekend work. Applicants must have availability to work across both shifts.
We are seeking applicants who work well in a team and have excellent computer, clerical, communication and time management skills. Prior experience in a health setting would be advantageous.
The casual bank is managed by the Central Allocations Unit which operates 7 days a week. Ballarat Health Services uses an electronic rostering system (RosterOn) which matches staff for shifts based on their availabilities via text / phone call.
You will be part of a team that upholds the organisation’s values; Teamwork, Respect, Accountability and Compassion. We are a supportive team who focuses on innovative ideas, quality patient centred care and continuing education. You will work in first class facilities that maximises care, compassion, individual choice and quality outcomes for all clients and patients.
At BHS we offer excellent remuneration, benefits and incentives, including:
- Salary packaging
- Paid orientation
- Excellent hourly rates
- Education and professional development opportunities
- Staff car parking
- Social Club
- Employee gym
Casual Bank allows you to enjoy flexibility and variety. We provide paid orientation on commencement, salary packaging, in-service education and professional development. Access to car parking is available.
Our casual bank shifts are offered within short time frames, therefore to be considered for this role you must be living in the Ballarat region.
All applicants must have the right to work within Australia and provide evidence of this.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.
- Essential : Describe a time when you went above and beyond your job requirements to achieve an objective. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was).
- Essential : Give me an example of a new idea you suggested to your manager/supervisor/team leader recently. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was).
- Essential : At one time or another, we’ve all forgotten to do something important for an internal/external customer. Tell me about a time when this happened to you (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was).
- Essential : Describe a situation in which you identified a problem and took action to correct it rather than wait for someone else to do so. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was).
- Essential : Tell me about the tools and/or strategies you use to keep track of items and tasks requiring your attention. Tell me about a specific time when you used these tools and/or strategies at work. (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was).
- Essential : We’ve all been in situations in which we couldn’t complete everything we needed to on time. Tell me about a time when this happened to you (Looking for: the situation, what you did, why you did it and what the outcome was).
- Essential : Tell us what each of the following values mean to you and provide a specific example of a time when you demonstrated each value at work? Teamwork, Respect, Accountability and Compassion.
- Essential : What does person centered care mean to you? Can you provide us with a specific example of a time when you demonstrated person centered care?
- Essential : What is your current availability, and how many shifts per week are you able to commit to?
- Essential : Please describe your previous experience relevant to the Ward Clerk position?
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Ballarat VIC Casual Security Officer Security Department Casual Ballarat Health Services, Security Department is seeking applications from suitably qualified security officers that are highly m [...]
Ballarat VIC Part-time Manager Volunteer Services Community Engagement Part Time Permanent (58 hours per fortnight) The Community Engagement team are looking for a leader who is passionate ab [...]
Ballarat VIC Mental Health Clinician APMH Community Full Time Permanent 80 Hours per fortnight with monthly ADO An opportunity exists for a motivated (Mental Health Clinician) to undertake an [...]
Ballarat VIC 2020/2021 O&G; Staff Specialist Full time – 1.0, 76hrs/fortnight (plus oncall) Commencing 1 May 2020 Welcome to Ballarat Health Services, we are proudly the principal referral hos [...]