Far West NSW Local Health District
This position qualifies for a Recruitment Incentive Package up to the value of $10,000 (pro-rata part-time/temporary positions less than 18 months), and a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up to $10,000 (pro-rata part time), under the NSW Health Rural Health Workforce Incentive Scheme.
This scheme recognises the role key health workers play in enabling the delivery of rural and remote health services, and aims to provide incentives over and above award entitlements, to attract and retain staff in these areas.
Packages may consist of family and compassionate travel assistance, an upfront Rural Recruitment Cash Bonus upon appointment, contributions to professional development, utility reimbursements and study assistance,
in addition to relocation benefits and accommodation assistance.
To recognise ongoing service in this role, once the successful candidate has served a qualifying period, they will become entitled to a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up to $10,000 (as taxable income).
For more information, please discuss incentive options with the contact person for this role.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Speech Pathologist Level 1/2 (Dependent on qualifications and experience)
Remuneration: $67442 - $97709 + Super
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ429984
Location: Broken Hill NSW 2880
For applicants interested in a Paediatric role, this can be negotiated, please contact the Department Manager to discuss.
What you'll be doing
- To provide quality Speech Pathology assessment and treatment to patients of the Far West Local Health District
- Gain sought-after hospital experience working in the Broken Hill Hospital, the largest hospital in the FWLHD
- 1 week extra paid annual leave every year
- Salary packaging (pay less tax!), this includes Remote Area Housing Benefit and Meal Entertainment Card
- Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) Every Month
- Isolation & climate allowance
- Special rates at local gyms
- Support through advanced education & training
- A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance & wellbeing
About Broken Hill
Often referred to as an “Oasis in the Outback”, Broken Hill is a thriving regional town in far west NSW full of diversity, history and character. Being Australia’s first city to be Nationally Heritage Listed, Broken Hill is a culturally rich town with a vibrant art scene with over 20 galleries (more than pubs)! The unique attractions, festivals and beautiful natural landscapes see tourists flock from all over, but the ones who stay quickly fall in love with the place and its liveability.
With a population just shy of 20,000, Broken Hill is small enough to allow for a relaxed country lifestyle, while big enough to provide all the desired facilities of a regional hub including major supermarkets and retail stores, excellent schools (7 primary & 2 high), multiple gyms & aquatic centre, well-known fast food franchises and a plethora of trendy restaurants, pubs and cafés.
The beautiful Murray-Riverina region is just 2.5 hours from Broken Hill, and after a short, 5-hour drive you can enjoy the beautiful Barossa Valley – South Australia’s internationally acclaimed wine region. For a town so unique, it’s really not that far away with just a short 1hr15m flight from Adelaide, a 2hr flight from Melbourne or a 2hr30m flight from Sydney.
Broken Hill truly is a town like no other with a supportive community that will welcome you with open arms. We can’t wait to see you soon!
1. Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent and eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia.
2. Demonstrated understanding and application of evidence based practice and critical thinking in relation to the provision of person/community centred speech pathology services to a wide variety of clinical cases.
3. Demonstrated capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner and personally resolve conflicts when they arise.
4. Ability to plan, advocate for and coordinate client care independently and operate effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
5. Demonstrated understanding of the application of primary health care practice, principles and the interface between acute,
sub-acute and community based adult/ paediatric service provision.
6. Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, and willingness to apply and share professional expertise with colleagues.
7. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, professional verbal and written communication skills and ability to use software applications associated with patient care and administrative tasks.
8. Valid unrestricted drivers licence for use within NSW/Australia
About the Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District is the westernmost LHD under NSW Health, providing high quality public health services to the communities in far west NSW. Our vision is to create "excellence in rural and remote healthcare". The key to our success is our diverse and inclusive workforce.
We employ over 800 clinicians and support staff across 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
Key to our success of course, is our people. Our workforce is inclusive and diverse. We employ well over 800 clinicians and support staff across our 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. In the Far West LHD, we are working together to make a real difference to the health outcomes for our communities. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
The Welcome Experience
The Welcome Experience in connects you and your family with local people and local resources to help you settle in and feel at home in your new community faster.
Learn more at www.nsw.gov.au/welcomeexperience
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Tracy Herlihy on [email protected]
Applications Close: 13/9/2023
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are desiring to recruit a brilliant Speech Pathologist-Level 1/2 to join our growing team at NSW Health in Broken Hill 2880, NSW. Growing your career as a Full Time Speech Pathologist-Level 1/2 i [...]
This position qualifies for a Recruitment Incentive Package up to the value of $10,000 (pro-rata part-time/temporary positions less than 18 months), and a reoccurring Annual Retention Bonus valued up [...]
There are currently 50 jobslisted byFar West Local Health District Organisation / Entity: Far West Local Health District Job category: - Health - Allied | Speech Pathology Job location: - R [...]
There are currently 50 jobslisted byFar West Local Health District Organisation / Entity:Far West Local Health District Job category: Health - Allied | Speech Pathology Job location: Reg [...]