- Finance people play a pivotal role in ensuring that our customers are at the centre of everything we do. As such, we ensure that the business focuses on sustainable change, balancing business & customer outcomes.
- Finance people value diversity of thought and everyone has the right to share their opinion and views.
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
We have an opportunity for a Finance Partner to partner with our Metro/Specialised teams with Business and Private Banking Finance to provide financial insight and analysis to drive and improve business performance. The purpose of this role is to provide commercial financial leadership, guidance and support to the business including financial planning, financial control, project governance, forecasting, reporting, analysis, and advisory services.
This is achieved through by understanding and interpreting financial and non-financial results, business drivers and trends, to enable better understanding of business performance and drive stronger business decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess, analyse, and investigate aspects of financial reporting of Metro/ Specialised (Lending volumes, Net Interest Margin, Fee incomes, credit impairment charge), including understanding of variances to Business plan/expectations to ensure accurate reporting and the production of Business financial insight for potential drivers of variances.
- Drive detailed financial analysis by using data analytical skills to enable the provision of commercial and financial advice, on both strategic and operational initiatives to the Metro/ Specialised teams, such as the origination & pipeline for business, lending and deposit product margins, ROE, RWA initiatives, expense productivity savings, regional, industry and banker performance.
- Support the translation of the strategy of the business unit into functionally effective plan. Provide the overall direction to the relevant BU leadership team to ensure development and delivery of objectives and initiatives within the strategic parameters.
- Identify financial performance trends, both positive and negative, and, through critical review & analysis of internal and external factors, develop and recommend short- and longer-term strategies to improve business performance.
- Support the BU/EU Executives in partnership with the HO/CFO, to grow the business, align with our strategic ambition and ensure transformation / simplification.
- Work with the central planning teams to relay business knowledge that can be leveraged during the planning process. Engage and liaise with the business and their partners around executing plan target allocations.
- Maintain understanding of group finance policy requirements and ensure compliance including identifying and addressing any areas of no compliance.
- Support the NAB Group’s financial accounting, controlling, forecasting, planning and reporting process.
What you will bring:
- High level of analysis and problem-solving skills driving commercial insights.
- Strong reporting, planning, financial control, and governance capability.
- Understanding of Finance/project accounting Processes including capitalisation policy and its application.
- Ability to synthesise detailed information and extract relevant key concepts.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and building positive relationships with a broad range of stakeholders while delivering results and proactive in meeting deliverables.
- Interested in growing and adapting their communication skills to prepare and deliver presentations within the business.
- Previous Finance/business partnering experience with Finance/Financial Services knowledge required.
- Experience across a range of Finance disciplines including partnering with divisions, corporate centre planning and reporting and financial control roles.
- Relevant tertiary degree in Accounting/Commerce/Business and CA/CPA qualified preferred.
By joining NAB,
you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
For career opportunities based in one of our NAB Asia locations, please visit our Asia Career Portal . MyOrganisation - Details - Finance Partner Business Metro Applicant login Subscribe to Job Aler [...]
For career opportunities based in one of our NAB Asia locations, please visit our Asia Career Portal . MyOrganisation - Details - Finance Partner Business Metro Applicant login Subscribe to Job Alerts [...]
For career opportunities based in one of our NAB Asia locations, please visit our Asia Career Portal . MyOrganisation - Details - Finance Partner Business Metro Applicant login Subscribe to Job Ale [...]
We are hiring a reliable Finance Partner Retail to join our stellar team at National Australia Bank in Melbourne. Growing your career as a Full Time Finance Partner Retail is a great opportunity to [...]