Personal Care Attendant | Specialised Dementia Carer | Estia Health Oakleigh East
- Permanent Part Time Role | 60 Hours per fortnight
- Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Be the difference in a fulfilling work environment | Oakleigh East Home
Be our favourite Carer!
The difference is you!
Join us in delivering exceptional care and support to our residents. As the Personal Care Attendant (PCA), for Oakleigh East Home, one of our 73 homes caring for 6500 residents, you will pave the way as we enrich and celebrate life together. Not just for the residents in our care – but for all future generations of older Australians and our employees.
Estia Health Oakleigh East is a friendly,
welcoming residence with a focus on excellent care and comfort. Located in a quiet residential street, this expansive home is close to public transport and a short drive to local shops. Multilingual staff and a multicultural program of activities cater perfectly to the needs of residents from many different backgrounds.
The experienced clinicians, carers and hospitality teams look after all aspects of a resident’s care, including clinical, social and overall wellbeing, which can be accessed for short-term respite care or a longer stay. The home’s Memory Support Unit provides a safe and supportive environment for residents requiring additional support.
What’s on offer
At Estia Health, we value you – for the unique skills and experience you bring to the Estia Health family. We invest in our people and offer a range of benefits to ensure this is your “best ever” career move including:
- A culture where you will feel well comfortable and supported to be yourself. Part of a diverse team where what makes you different is as important as what brings us together
- Encouragement to acquire new skills and develop your career
- Amazing health, wellbeing and financial benefits including competitive remuneration, discounted health cover, novated leasing, workplace banking, discounted industry body memberships, wellbeing counselling, supported legal advice....and more
About the role
Estia Health Oakleigh East are looking for Personal Care Attendants/Assistants (PCA's) to join our team on a Permanent Part Time basis, within our dementia care unit. The role involves providing tailored care to the residents who are living with dementia and their families.
Helping to create a home residents love, you’ll take pride in delivering care standards that are of the highest level. No two days will be the same in this diverse role. What will not change though is your commitment to:
- Lending a hand with daily life – making sure our residents feel heard and are safe
- Recognising each resident is unique and enabling them to live the best life they can
- Identifying change in residents’ needs and preferences and escalating to the clinical team
- Delivering person centered care, respecting our resident’s routines and choice
- Supporting residents to remain active physically and mentally
- Provide individualised care and support to residents living with dementia, including assistance with emotional support
The traits that will help you succeed
Your empathy, caring approach, and the understanding of the importance of the role you play in our residents’ day to day lives. As well as:
- A true team player and great communicator with a positive, can-do attitude
- A real desire to make a difference in people’s lives
- Empathy and compassion for the elderly and the challenges they face
- Strong initiative and the ability to complete tasks efficiently
- A certificate III or IV in Aged Care (or an equivalent qualification)
- Relevant knowledge and experience of people living with dementia and their needs
- Bilingual or a second language is highly desirable, particularly Greek
- The ability to build rapport with our residents, their families and visitors
The way we deliver care is changing forever
Trusted aged care should be for everyone. We’re proud to be shaking the industry up – always searching for new, better ways to run our homes. For you, this means genuine opportunity to take your career to the next level - wherever you see yourself in the future.
Join us on our journey
For us to make the most of this moment, we need the right people by our side.
Is this you? If you are passionate about providing care to residents like we are, have appropriate experience and a great work ethic – we would love for you to join Estia Health. We embrace diversity and look forward to welcoming you to a place where we are truly one family.
Note: It is a condition of employment that you will be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza. All shortlisted applicants will need to pass required background checks.
Want to know more
If you would like to know more, please call 0482 168 556 or by emailing us at [email protected]
Find out more about Estia Health and the wonderful work we do by clicking on any of the links below:
Visit our website
Visit and follow our LinkedIn page
Listen to our podcast on Spotify
Or Apple Podcast
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Personal Care Attendant | Specialised Dementia Carer | Estia Health Oakleigh East Permanent Part Time Role | 60 Hours per fortnight Access to financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefit [...]
Personal Care Attendant Specialised Dementia Carer Estia Health Oakleigh East Personal Care Attendant Specialised Dementia Carer Estia Health Oakleigh East - Permanent Part Time Role 60 Hours per fo [...]
Personal Care Attendant | Specialised Dementia Carer | Estia Health Oakleigh East Personal Care Attendant | Specialised Dementia Carer | Estia Health Oakleigh East - Permanent Part Time Role | 60 [...]
Personal Care Attendant | Specialised Dementia Carer | Estia Health Oakleigh East Personal Care Attendant | Specialised Dementia Carer | Estia Health Oakleigh East Permanent Part Time Role | 60 Hours [...]