Decmil deliver integrated construction and engineering solutions across the infrastructure, resources, energy and construction sectors. Our diverse experience has led us to deliver some of the most unique projects across Australia, providing our people with great opportunities to explore what’s possible and be challenged by our unique portfolio of projects and clients.
Due to ongoing growth within our business, we are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our temporary accommodation team which specialises in temporary accommodation camps and facilities. Candidates must be willing to work in remote locations in Queensland on FIFO or DIDO rosters (likely 14 days on, 7 days off).
As a Project Engineer with Decmil you will provide high quality engineering services, contract management and project programming to project teams and tendering.
- Assisting the Project Team to complete works in accordance with the contract documentation and Decmil standards and procedures
- Supporting the Project Team in the planning and management of project deliverable's to ensure all project requirements are met
- Maintaining the monitoring of project progress, costs, safety and QA / QC procedures
- Maintaining document control registers and ensure that current copies of quality system
- Assisting in the award of contracts with the drafting of, scope of work, work methodology, inspection and test plans, safety and environmental plans.
What We Are Looking For
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent, preferably in building and / or structural design
- Experience in concrete, buildings, infrastructure, BCA and Australian Standards
- Experience in Quality control and assurance management
- Experience in the construction and engineering industry
- Experience with variations, budgets and forecasting
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in project planning, contract, vendor management, estimating and delivery
- Proven ability in subcontract and supplier management
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding
- High level of communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with MS Suite, Excel, Primavera P6 and AutoCAD (desirable only)
- Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Awareness and understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and practice.
Our people are the strength of our business, contributing to our vision of being the market leader in project delivery and achieving sustainable growth. Our people have a ‘can do’ attitude,
and we empower them to create new ways of doing things and to find solutions through innovative thinking.
We are committed to an inclusive workplace that fosters a positive culture based on the fundamental principles of respect, equity and diversity and enables people to be involved, contribute and perform to their full potential. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
We invite you to apply now and join Decmil to explore new opportunities and develop your skills.
Together, we’re Decmil. Together, we’re the difference.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
New! More Civil Site, Project and Senior Project Engineer roles! - Infrastructure roles FIFO and Brisbane/Gold Coast/Sunshine Coast - Transportation, Water and Resources orientated projects - Uplift [...]
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer with a reputable mid tier civil contractor. They are a specialist in diverse concrete structure projects including Br [...]
We have an excellent opportunity for a Project Engineer or Senior Project Engineer with a reputable mid tier civil contractor. They are a specialist in diverse concrete structure projects including [...]
Immediate start for a Senior Project Engineer managing a $70ml package of works on a recently awarded complex brownfield transport project. CGC Recruitment are established experts in providing short [...]