Serco Asia Pacific
ADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. To learn more please visit www.serco.com/ahsc
About the Role
Based at the Cerberus Health Centre, you will provide support and treatments to valuable Defence Force Personnel. You will be responsible for providing a range of evidence-based physiotherapy assessments, treatments and rehabilitative services to patients. These services will include providing direction on rehabilitation programs,
splinting/plastering/fitting of orthoses or other devices, use of electrotherapy modalities or hydrotherapy pools where required, as well as providing advice and recommendations to other health professionals.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Minimum of 2 years full-time post graduate musculoskeletal experience within the last 5 years in an accredited physiotherapy environment (or part-time equivalent).
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID009) certification.
- Membership of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (desirable).
About Cerberus Health Centre
Cerberus Health Centre is located on HMAS Cerberus at Westernport, adjacent to Crib Point on the Mornington Peninsula, south east of Melbourne.
It is the primary training establishment for RAN personnel, with about 6000 personnel trained annually, averaging 800 trainees onboard at any one time. This facility provides general medical, physiotherapy, pharmacy, dental, and mental health services, and operates a 30-bed low dependency ward. Whilst the health centre is open 24/7, standard hours of operation are 0730-1530 Monday-Friday. The Health Centre is also responsible for the provision of after-hours services to ADF personnel on the Mornington Peninsula.
With a passion for physiotherapy and rehabilitation, you are dedicated to providing personalised treatments for your patients which are tailored to their individual needs. Watching patients improve under your care keeps you going and drives you to continue your career.
Your excellent communication skills are appreciated both by your patients and your colleagues to whom you regularly provide advice and recommendations. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing health services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
Rewards & Benefits
- Be part of an amazing culture, based on the values of trust, care, innovation and pride
- Gain access to Global Employee Networks that embrace diversity and inclusion
- ‘Start with a job and stay for a career’ with extensive employment and growth opportunities across Serco’s many contracts
- Meaningful work supporting defence personnel
- Referral Programs
- Paid annual and personal leave
- Paid CPD leave for permanent employees
- Paid volunteer leave and leave for reservists
- Provision of uniform
- Variety of lifestyle discounts through the Serco Benefits program including discounts with Apple, Qantas, Hoyts Cinemas and more!
- Plus, ongoing 24/7 immediate mental health and counselling support via our Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Join a dedicated team of collaborative and supportive health professionals
Refer a friend or colleague and be rewarded!
Refer a Healthcare Professional to join Serco’s Australian Defence Force Health Services Team and receive a $500 Prezzee Voucher if they are successful!
Please email their details to [email protected] and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please note your resume must include - start and finish dates for each role, along with employment type (e.g. casual, part-time, full-time) and hours worked per week.
You must also be an Australian Citizen in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role.
For a confidential chat, please contact Katie Wintle on 0433 942 841 or at [email protected]
If you would like to learn more about these and other opportunities available, please visit www.serco.com/aspac/careers to find out more.
Serco and Proud
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone also has an important role to play from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 60,000+ globally and 16,000+ in Asia Pacific responsible for delivering essential public services in areas including defence, justice,
immigration, healthcare, facilities management and citizen services.
Serco requires employees in this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. Please consider this requirement when submitting your application.
Serco’s values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people matter and make a difference every day.
We seek and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all backgrounds and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, veterans and people with disability. By joining Serco you will have access to Employee Networks led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Commercial Manager Location – Crib Point Full-time Permanent and Full-time Casual positions available We at Chandler Macleod are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager for our client who [...]
Commercial Manager Location – Crib Point Full-time Permanent and Full-time Casual positions available We at Chandler Macleod are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager for our client who a [...]
Experience life as a civilian GP on a secure military base Casual role Work in a multi-disciplinary team with no Medicare billing! About Us ADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare [...]
Experience life as a civilian GP on a secure military base Casual role Work in a multi-disciplinary team with no Medicare billing! About UsADF Health Services provides integrated healthcare se [...]