Responsible for leading and driving all commercial aspects of sales, profit, brand presence and KPIs of the Canterbury brand within the key account portfolio across Australia. The role is focused on delivering performance through effective management of key accounts through the establishment of long term, sustainable and profitable business partnerships by having a dedicated and focused approach that will deliver revenue and brand equity growth that is linked into our strategic priorities and providing direction and structure to the performance of the key accounts and partners.
The role you’d play
- In country wholesale lead for Australia,
commercialise local category initiatives to ensure brand consistency within the region and lead additional human resources as appropriate.
- To achieve set sales targets and strategic objectives on an annual basis.
- Develop an effective strategy for key accounts that delivers the annual budget and revenue targets that drives growth and maximises return on investment.
- Maintain head office relationships for key accounts that have a regional presence.
- Nurture and develop Key Accounts through appropriate account management planning, call cycles, stock management and building sustainable relationships with key accounts.
- To implement and manage annual Joint Business Plans that are aligned with brand direction and strategic focus but also demonstrates understanding of the customer strategy.
- To build strong ‘Go to market’ plans for seasonal ranges through influencing and collaborating with the right people internally (finance, marketing, product operations) with the customer to increase potential for success in achieving Joint Business Plan objectives.
- Provide commercial focus and input to assist in decision-making and product range-building for the wholesale channel.
- Identify appropriate product selection and participate in pricing the product solution and proposition ensuring cost, margin and contribution requirements are met.
- Work with Marketing team to develop plans that support and drive sales in Key Accounts.
- Actively manage relationships between customers/partners and the Credits team to ensure open communication, understanding of issues and providing quick resolution that mitigate risk to the business and provide appropriate level of service to the customer/partner.
- Analyse and leverage historical sales data and consumer insights to inform decision-making on trends, opportunities or potential risks with customers/partners; and provide detailed reports to customers of the same to provide more accurate forecasts.
- Regularly analyse key performance data and use to influence and challenge short to medium-term strategies with key customers/partners and the sales team.
What you’d bring to the role
- A minimum 5 years of Key Account Management experience preferable
- Proven track record in a branded consumer goods commercial role.
- Sound financial understanding with experience in delivering multiple KPIs, including where the pressure points are and how to influence them.
- An excellent communicator with strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong commercial acumen including negotiation skills, planning & organisation, persuasion & influencing skills.
- Strong customer and customer service orientation.
- An exceptional team leader & relationship builder, with both customers and colleagues alike.
- Determined and self-motivated with a passion for goal delivery.
- Able to quickly and easily integrate and influence cross-functionally at all levels within the business.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Discounted product
- Life Insurance
- Great teammates, who are passionate about the Canterbury brand
Who we are
Canterbury of New Zealand was established in 1904 by John Lane, Pringle Walker and Alfred Rudkin, three English immigrants, turned proud Kiwis, who began producing woollen clothing in the Canterbury province of New Zealand. The three had such a love for New Zealand, they named their clothing company after the place they lived - the proud region of Canterbury. And what did they decide on for the logo? Three Kiwis, of course.
The brand was so well known for making hard-working and resilient garments, the NZ Army asked them to make uniforms that could endure the conditions of the First World War. And whilst Canterbury has been synonymous with rugby and multi sports for the last 118 years, the versatility of our clothing has been seen as a ‘badge of honour’ for anyone who pulls on the iconic CCC logo– from rugby, to sailing, the worksite and everything in between.
Today, we continue to bring our passion and these same values to our extensive product offering, extending our brand proposition and positioning to go beyond the pitch, sharing our pride in the durability, comfort and versatility of our garments and celebrating real people, just doing their everyday thing.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Account Manager – Sydney About the Role We are seeking an experienced hands-on Account Manager to join our Sales team in Waterloo. The ideal candidate will be responsible for: - Working cl [...]
Account Manager – Sydney About the Role We are seeking an experienced hands-on Account Manager to join our Sales team in Waterloo. The ideal candidate will be responsible for: Working clo [...]
Account Manager – SydneyAbout the RoleWe are seeking an experienced hands-on Account Manager to join our Sales team in Waterloo.The ideal candidate will be responsible for: Working closely with key [...]
- Amazing NFP salary packaging tax-free benefits: increasing annual pay package up to $15k - Exciting opportunity to lead and manage a high-performing team in a dynamic residential care setting - Pro [...]