Northern Beaches Hospital
Midwifery Group Practice - Permanent Full Time - Northern Beaches Hospital
About Northern Beaches Hospital
Northern Beaches Hospital provides world-class, Level 5 delineation services for both public and private patients. The hospital features 486 beds, 50-bed Emergency Department, 20-bed general and cardiothoracic ICU, 14 state-of-the-art theatres including cardiac catheter labs, world-class education centre, doctors lounge and excellent staff facilities including café and car parking.
From cardiothoracic surgery and neurosurgery to luxury maternity and excellent emergency care, Northern Beaches Hospital has a wide range of services that can help you build a healthcare career in your chosen field.
We are proud to be home to some of Australia's leading clinical specialists and a training ground for the clinicians of the future. The Northern Beaches Clinical School is an innovative partnership with the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences at Macquarie University. NBH also has partnerships with other tertiary education institutions including well-respected nursing schools.
Northern Beaches Hospital offers staff opportunities to gain unique experience in a growing teaching hospital. Our culture is young, friendly and open to ideas.
To ensure our women and families achieve quality care outcomes we are looking for a motivated midwife to join our Midwifery Group Practice (MGP) team. You will be providing continuity of care to low risk women. You will be caring for a case load of 40 women per year using evidence based, women centred care, adhering to the National Midwifery Consultation and Referral Guidelines. You will be supported by a team of midwives within the group and backed up by core staff. The Majority of Antenatal visits are conducted within the hospital,
and postnatal visits within the woman's own home.
You will be:
- Providing high standards of evidence-based midwifery care to women of varying ages and cultural groups
- Planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating midwifery care in collaboration with women, their families and the multidisciplinary team to achieve identified goals and quality health outcomes
- Supervising and guiding junior and undergraduate midwives in provision of midwifery care
- Working collaboratively with the wider healthcare team to support patient care needs
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional patient experience for women and their families.
- Current Registration as a Midwife with AHPRA
- Bachelor of Midwifery or Graduate Diploma in Midwifery (if Bachelor of Nursing is first qualification) or equivalent
- At least 2 years post graduate experience as a RM
- Highly developed clinical skills across the continuum of maternity services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to family-focused approach to care
- Valid Driver's license and personal car with comprehensive insurance to attend home visits
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
- Mentorship support will be provided for those new to a role within MGP.
Employee Benefits: Our OneHealthscope rewards program gives you access to a range of wellness benefits, as well as discounted onsite parking at Northern Beaches Hospital and access to Fitness Passport!
- Wellness benefits including a wide offering of holistic support through our Employee Assistance Program and free services including medical examination of employees and discounted Healthscope services for permanent Healthscope employees and members of their immediate family.
- OneHealthscope rewards program with national deals and discounts for travel, health insurance and banking offers.
- Variety of leave options and salary packaging, additional superannuation, Novated motor vehicle lease and Airline/Club membership
Further information: Tanya Panetta - [email protected]
If you are successful in the role, you will receive a salary based on your years of relevant registered nursing experience against the current Healthscope and NSWNMA/ANMF - NSW Nurses and Midwives' - Enterprise Agreement 2020-2024 , salary range between $35.46- $49.79 per hour.
If you meet the above criteria and have a special interest in working for an organisation that delivers outstanding care and service to patients and stakeholders, please apply online.
Our commitment to quality and safety for our patients, staff and visitors is our highest priority. Applicants will be required to provide a current (12 months or less) National Police check and a NSW Working with Children's Check, prior to appointment and persons in patient contact roles will be required to provide proof of immunity to specified infectious diseases prior to commencement.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Employment Type : Permanent Full Time / Part Time Position Classification : Registered Midwife Remuneration : $67,357.32 - $94,568.44 per annum plus superannuation Hours Per Week : Up to 38 Rotati [...]
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time (Job share considered) Position Classification: Registered Midwife Remuneration: $33.97 - $47.69 per annum plus a 29% loading and Superannuation [...]
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time or Part Time (Job Share available) Position Classification: Registered Midwife Remuneration: $33.97 - $47.69 per hour plus a 29% loading and Superannuation H [...]
Employment Type : Permanent Full time / Part time Position Classification : Registered Midwife Remuneration : $67,357.32 - $94,568.44 per annum plus superannuation Hours Per Week : Up to 38 hours [...]