New South Wales
Location: North Wollongong, NSW, AU, 2500 Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people's lives now and for generations to come.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation,
where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
This role will be a Permanent role based at our Illawarra coal complex in Wollongong. Candidates are encouraged to apply from the wider Sydney area. South32 is supportive of providing relocation if required to candidates.
About the Role
The Principal Media acts as the critical link between operations-based communications at our East Coast operations, and Lead Media & Digital.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate and execute external communications to:
- Protect and enhance South32's corporate reputation
- Ensure South32's role and value are understood by key external stakeholders
- Assist in the development of the Corporate, Australia & Asia Media Strategy relevant to our East Coast operations, including:
- Media mapping
- Media engagement plan and activity calendar for East Coast operations
- Establish and manage relationships with key media relevant to our East Coast operations, act as company spokesperson and provide timely response to media enquiries from local media
- Oversee and support the development of localised media and external communications plans at East Coast operations
- Assist in checking communications for East Coast operations for compliance with market disclosure and other relevant policies
- Significant experience working with other corporate affairs disciplines, investor relations and senior management
- Strong understanding of global news media and social media
- Significant experience in media relations and media strategy
- Issues management and crisis communications experience in a global, issues rich environment.
- Experience in speech writing, research and content development
- 5+ years' experience in communications and/or media, including for a listed multinational company
What does South32 offer?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
Why chose us?
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We're focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Campbellfield VIC Due to ongoing growth, this long estabslised market leader now require a Proditon Manmger to ensure the busiess ccontinmues with groth and an handle increaed workload. A high levle [...]
Launceston TAS The Location Situated in a beautiful coastal location in one of Australia’s oldest cities this is a scenically stunning part of the world. Immerse yourself in the city's rich cultur [...]
Perth WA Are you an experienced Underground Underground Diamond Driller? This is an opportunity to work directly with a reputable company that’s offering competitive rates, bonus eligibility, and [...]
Bass VIC Casual As a Casual Teacher, Training & Assessment - Regional Education, you will provide professional teaching and vocational expertise, across all aspects of delivery, planning and perform [...]