Logan City QLD
Image Courtesy of Shailer Park State High School
About Shailer Park State High School
Shailer Park State High School is a progressive campus whose big plans and bold ambitions have seen it become one of the most successful high schools in the Logan area.
With excellent teaching practices, high expectations and a supportive and nurturing educational community, students are continuously guided throughout their personal pathway to success. A tradition of excellence has been created and maintained by our teachers and students and can be demonstrated in our outstanding results and exceptional community reputation.
As the Business Manager you will have responsibility for the following:
- Demonstrate considerable autonomy and play an important role in providing advice which dictates business service delivery outcomes, inspires change and models best practice. Manage conflicting priorities to ensure strategic and sustainable business services outcomes.
- Work in a specialised environment, requiring the development of operational methods, policies, practices and standards to support the school's administrative function, and where problem resolution is frequent (demanding the conceptualisation, identification and development of ideas, detailed analysis of alternative courses of action and devising action plans to overcome the challenges of a complex school environment).
- Manage the provision and application of resources to support the strategic direction of the school in a dynamic environment, achieve objectives and set service delivery benchmarks; ensure existing and adapted systems and operations contribute to inspiring outcomes; and utilise cutting-edge information and technology (e.g., apps, ipads).
Other responsibilities (as required)
- Support (when required) with the management of school commercial endeavours, including recruitment of staff/volunteers.
- Other suitable duties, consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position as directed by the Principal or nominated delegate.
Whilst there are no mandatory qualifications required for this position, it would be beneficial for the successful applicant to possess the following to support the successful performance of the role:
- Bring a depth of specialised knowledge and expertise to the role that enables you to diagnose system and process flaws that impact business services; and proactively address these through customised approaches and policies.
- Align activities to relevant departmental policies and procedures, utilise experience, knowledge, best practice and historic data to improve business services within the school.
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
To apply please attach the following:
- a brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As a Manager, you will lead and manage a team of Business Analysts to deliver business analysis services, contributing to a cohesive business and services architecture across QSS, in its role of deliv [...]
Toowoomba QLD Permanent This is a Specified vacancy - Applicants will need to provide a reference from a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community. Key Responsibilities - [...]
Brisbane QLD Permanent Key responsibilities - Identify key educational priorities based on stakeholder needs and develop evidence-based resources tailored to improve awareness and understandi [...]
Cairns QLD Casual What are we looking for? You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities [...]