The Student Ambassador works across the Institute to provide seamless peer to peer support to all Chisholm Institute students/prospective students. The Student Ambassador program similarly aims to provide Chisholm students an opportunity to develop their employability, enhance career readiness and improve social connectedness
Student Ambassadors will work with the broader Student Support and Engagement team to provide targeted, practical support that aligns with the individual needs of the various Business Areas throughout the Institute. Student Ambassadors will need to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to work in a variety of settings
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Provide peer-to-peer general assistance to current/prospective students (i.e. the ‘welcoming face’ of Chisholm) in commonly accessed/utilised spaces including: Student Hubs, Front Counter.
- Proactively promote Chisholm Institute services and functions to current/prospective students.
- Support current/prospective students to navigate physical and digital spaces to source the information they require (both face-to-face and via Web Chat).
- Promote self-service; helping students to independently find the information they need in the digital environment.
- Specialist assignments, aligning with individual skill set/knowledge and operational need
- Provide stakeholder feedback that may contribute to improved efficiencies or customer (student/staff) satisfaction.
- Lead by example, displaying customer focused behaviours at all times, taking ownership and seeking solutions to resolve problems within specified level of delegation.
- Continually develop skills and knowledge through participation in formal and informal training and professional development opportunities.
Student Ambassadors will be employed casually and work hours are variable. Some out of hours work may be required. The position/s may require some occasional lifting/transportation of goods (in accordance with relevant OH&S; regulations). Some travel to/between campuses may be required.
It is anticipated that Student Ambassadors will be scheduled for at least one shift per week during TAFE terms. Shifts will be available across the Dandenong, Frankston, Berwick and Cranbourne campuses. Successful candidates must ensure that their employment does not impact on their capacity to complete their studies.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity for Chisholm Students you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled (and actively participating) in a Chisholm Institute course (any level/campus/discipline).
- Working with Children Check (Employee)
- Victorian Driving License (Probationary/Full).
- Well-developed knowledge and application of Chisholm Institute services.
- Food Handling Certification is desirable.
- First Aid Certification is desirable.
- Second language is desirable.
With the ability to work collaboratively, demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service to clients and the willingness to work across various business areas, you will be given the opportunity to grow your employability and leadership skills, setting you up for success in the future.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Tuesday 17 September 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
All applicants require:
- a valid Employee Working With Children Check
- a National Police Check
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, e.g. citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information, please contact Jaklin Dikiciyan, Student Engagement Coordinator, 9212 5415.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Casual As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabi [...]
Victoria Part-time Join a dynamic team across 11 sites and growing, teaching newly arrived migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in the South East of Melbourne. This role will be required to teac [...]
Victoria The primary goal of this role is to lead, grow and develop the Chisholm Online business. This position leads the strategic and operational requirements to deliver leading and innovative educ [...]
Dandenong VIC Part-time $135,000 a year This key role is responsible for providing quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice to support and facilitate the activities of the Institute ali [...]