The Student Life Officer is responsible for providing a variety of orientation and student centric activities alongside the Student Life Co-ordinator. Through these engagement activities, this role aims to increase student awareness of the Student Support and Engagement area to enrich the student experience and positively impact student engagement, support and social connectedness, providing a holistic, wrap around support service to Chisholm Students.
The role is responsible for facilitating, supporting and executing Chisholm based student events, activities, clubs, trips, student voice and associations to increase the institutional connectedness for current Chisholm students.
The incumbent is a key and active participant of the Student Support and Engagement team and is accountable for:
- Supporting orientation activities with all commencing students that creates an effective link between the student and support network/services within the Institute
- Ensuring that cross-department links are developed that connect students to relevant services
- Supporting the implementation of the Chisholm Clubs , Trips & Associations pilot program including institute wide promotion, staff recruitment, room bookings and additional resourcing requirements
- Proactively ensuring that student engagement activities, clubs , trips and associations are communicated to the relevant business unit
- Supporting and assisting professional educators and support services to ensure that the
- Inducting/orientating students comprehensively and reaching all new students
You will have relevant tertiary qualifications in events or related field or equivalent significant student engagement and activities experience. It is desirable you have experience in engaging with post-secondary students, coordinating orientation and student engagement activities.
You will have well-developed communication skills and are able to communicate effectively with students at all levels and from diverse backgrounds. You will also have experience in planning and providing recreational services, activities and programs.
You must be able to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team including self-monitoring work requirements and achieving deadlines. Crucial to your success will be your demonstrated understanding or experience in the provision of student services within post-secondary education, including an awareness of issues affecting current students in TAFE.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Tuesday 17 September 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information please contact Noreen Cabral, Team Leader, Student Engagement, +613 9238 8265.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Casual As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabi [...]
Victoria Part-time Join a dynamic team across 11 sites and growing, teaching newly arrived migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in the South East of Melbourne. This role will be required to teac [...]
Victoria The primary goal of this role is to lead, grow and develop the Chisholm Online business. This position leads the strategic and operational requirements to deliver leading and innovative educ [...]
Dandenong VIC Part-time $135,000 a year This key role is responsible for providing quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice to support and facilitate the activities of the Institute ali [...]