Information about the school, its ethos, programs and the Strategic Plan 2018-2021, Vision, Values and Mission Statement can be obtained at our website www.balwynhs.vic.edu.au
Applicants should provide evidence of their experience and ability to meet the following selection criteria.
SC1 Demonstrated capacity to deliver instruction in the instrumental music program; Double Bass and
Bass Guitar, individually and/or in small groups.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to work as part the Music team and contribute significantly to the
achievements of the team.
SC3 Demonstrated high level communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students,
parents, teachers and ES staff with a commitment and capacity to actively contribute to the
school’s co-curricular program as an enthusiastic member of the school team.
SC4 Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and growth for both self and others.
SC5 Demonstrated exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to responsible professional
practice which embrace the school’s Vision, Values and Mission.
To provide instruction on Guitar to VCE level, to individual students and/or small groups of students in accordance with the School’s Values and Vision Statement.
The main duties to be performed by an instrumental music instructor are to:
- demonstrate outstanding skill in instructing of Double Bass and Bass Guitar for both group and individual tuition
- demonstrate a high level of knowledge of Double Bass and Bass Guitar repertoire in the classical, contemporary and jazz areas, and the ability to apply this in the instructing of Guitar from Years 7-12, beginner to VCE and advanced levels and AMEB examinations
- be able to demonstrate fluently, all aspects of performance techniques on Double Bass and Bass Guitar
- assist with the administration and up-keep of the school’s Double Bass and Bass Guitars
- implement the school’s Vision and Values statement
- keep abreast of all activities and developments in the Music Learning Area
- contribute to the school’s co-curricular program and to participate in after school music activities and meetings
- perform their official duties with - skill, care, diligence and the professional standards
- create a positive environment conducive to learning for the students of whom he or she is in charge in line with the school’s student well-being and pastoral care policies
- give full cooperation and assistance to the Principal and all other members employed at the school in the development and implementation of the course of study to be followed in the school and in the performance of their respective duties
- comply with any Government policies and legislation
- observe safe working practices
Who May Apply
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfill the specific requirements of the position.
EEO AND OHS Commitment
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Child Safe Standards
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
All applicants must have a current Working With Children Check.
1137 jobs are currently listed for Schools (Government)
Part time / 28/01/2020 - 10/07/2020
Ed Support Level 1-Range 3
Wendy Frith 03 9819 7911
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC Part-time Reference: 1164528 Location Profile Dandenong North Primary School enjoys a long-standing reputation as a family-friendly and academically successful school. While the s [...]
Ballarat VIC Part-time Reference: 1165243 Location Profile Rokewood Primary School is a small three classroom rural school located midway between Ballarat and Colac, approximately 45 minutes fr [...]
Geelong VIC Reference: 1163699 Location Profile Operation Newstart is an early intervention program that targets young people aged 14-16 who experience difficulties at school and may be in confl [...]
Bendigo VIC Reference: 1165216 Location Profile College Profile Bendigo South East College is a 7-10 secondary school in regional Victoria. The College encourages the pursuit of excellence [...]