You will be accountable for providing tailored counselling and welfare advice to assist with the empowerment of International students and to enable them to be successful in their studies at Chisholm.
This role provides leadership and partnership to teaching business areas to ensure students are engaged and compliant with expectations and international student regulations.
The International Student Welfare and Compliance Officer is a key and active participant of the International Student Operations office and provides expertise for the International Student Operations team.
Key accountabilities of the role will include but not limited to:
- Monitor and track student retention rates for International students at Chisholm
- Identify, implement and measure the success of International student strategies that are implemented
- Develop and lead International student orientation, student transition and social events and activities that contribute to student success and wellbeing
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of a framework to support students to enable their success holistically, whilst studying at Chisholm
- Work closely with the Student Recruitment Consultants to ensure that agents and future students have access to pre-departure information that is relevant and prepares them for successful transition to Chisholm and Australia
You will have relevant degree or tertiary qualification in one or more of the following: psychotherapy, counselling, welfare, community services, allied health, human services, mental health, social and/or youth work.
Crucial to your success you will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence outcomes and people. You will also have proven experience managing competing deadlines and identifying priorities while working in a fast-paced environment. As well as proven understanding of ESOS compliance and being able to engage with international students
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Chisholm, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to attract, recruit, engage and retain a team of talented people. If you require specific support to apply for this position, please advise the recruiting manager whose contact details are listed in the advertisement. We will work with you to identify the best way to assist you.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for this position close 9am Monday 23 September 2019
Applications should include:
- a covering letter
- curriculum vitae
- contact details of three (3) referees
Appointment to this position is subject to satisfactory completion of Safety Screening requirements including but not limited to:
- valid Employee Working With Children Check
- National Police Check
- International Police Check (if applicable)
- verification of unrestricted work rights in Australia, eg citizenship, passport or birth certificate
- certified copies of qualifications and transcripts
If you have any questions regarding the position or require further information, please contact Alan Maguire, Manager International Students, +613 9212 5022.
Chisholm Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Victoria Casual As a Casual Teacher, EAL/AMEP you will be accountable for providing teaching and vocational expertise across all aspects of delivery, planning and performance. Your key accountabi [...]
Victoria Part-time Join a dynamic team across 11 sites and growing, teaching newly arrived migrants, refugees and asylum seekers in the South East of Melbourne. This role will be required to teac [...]
Victoria The primary goal of this role is to lead, grow and develop the Chisholm Online business. This position leads the strategic and operational requirements to deliver leading and innovative educ [...]
Dandenong VIC Part-time $135,000 a year This key role is responsible for providing quality, commercially astute and timely legal advice to support and facilitate the activities of the Institute ali [...]