Rowville Primary School is situated on Paratea Drive, Rowville in the City of Knox. The school caters for children from predominately the Rowville community and has an enrolment of 420 students. The upgraded buildings and the bush setting make this a very attractive working environment.
SC1 Capacity to undertake routine support tasks across a range of functions within a school office environment.
SC2 Demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with members of the school community including students and the capacity to provide support and/or attendant care to students where necessary.
SC3 Demonstrated proficiency in the use of office systems,
software or technical equipment as relevant to the position.
SC4 Capacity to work cooperatively with a range of people including teachers, education support, students and parents.
SC5 A commitment to professional learning and growth.
This position is full time
Undertakes routine tasks that are usually carried out under direction. Work that carries some degree of independence will generally involve a limited number of tasks performed on a regular basis where priorities are clear, procedures are well established and direction is readily available.
Work has little scope for deviation. Problems can usually be solved by reference to well documented procedures and instructions and clearly established practices. Deviation from established procedures will require reference to others for guidance and direction. Assistance is readily available when problems arise. An experienced employee at range 1 will exercise limited judgement within clearly defined guidelines and well established practices that relate specifically to the tasks performed.
Does not carry responsibility for the work of others. More experienced employees will provide basic guidance and advice to others relating to tasks within the work area.
An education support class position supports the educational services being provided to students, but must not include duties of teaching as defined in clause 2.6.1 of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 (Vic) or its successor. Supervision of students cannot be required except where it is an integral part of the employee's position or involves supervision of students individually or in small groups, in controlled circumstances, where the responsibility for students remains clearly with a teacher.
Qualification requirements do not operate at range 1. Certification requirements may be required to legally perform specific tasks - e.g. driver's licence, first aid, safe food handling.
- Undertake clerical and keyboard duties in support of the school administration function.
- Provide document preparation support.
- Maintain, enter and retrieve data from the schools computer system.
- Perform reception duties, including the screening of visitors to the school, and arrange interviews as required.
- Prepare straightforward correspondence according to school procedures (e.g. sending out form letters).
- Prepare inventories, requisitions and uncomplicated documents.
- Maintain and update basic written records.
- Obtain basic data or factual information from given sources, e.g. books, reports, manuals, catalogues, tables, forms, etc.
- Check for simple inaccuracies in forms and correspondence such as spelling, punctuation and spacing.
- Make less complex routine entries in records, e.g. stock movement; file movement, accounts, leave.
- Make appointments and maintain diary records.
- Select and use equipment in accordance with school procedures and manufacturer's instructions.
- Receive enrolment documentation and record data.
Become familiar with software packages within the school such as Compass and QkR
Provide First aid and assist with the administration of first aid requirements for camps, excursions, documentation of accidents and injuries, and managing medications
Who May Apply
Individuals with the aptitude, experience and/or qualifications to fulfill the specific requirements of the position.
EEO AND OHS Commitment
The Department values diversity and is committed to workforce diversity and equal opportunity in schools and all education workplaces. The Department recognises that the provision of family friendly, supportive, safe and harassment free workplaces is essential to high performance and promotes flexible work, diversity and safety across all schools and Department workplaces.
Child Safe Standards
Victorian government schools are child safe environments. Our schools actively promote the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all school staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm in the school environment, in accordance with their legal obligations including child safe standards. All schools have a Child Safety Code of Conduct consistent with the Department’s exemplar available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/protect/Pages/childsafestandards.aspx
The Department’s employees commit to upholding DET’s Values: Responsiveness, Integrity, Impartiality, Accountability, Respect, Leadership and Human Rights. DET’s Values complement each school’s own values and underpin the behaviours the community expects of Victorian public sector employees, including those who work in Victorian Government Schools. Information on the DET values is available at http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hrweb/workm/Pages/Public-Sector-Values.aspx
This position requires a current First Aid certificate
Conditions of Employment
- All staff employed by the Department and schools have access to a broad range of employment conditions and working arrangements.
- Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check.
- A probationary period may apply during the first year of employment and induction and support programs provided.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Melbourne VIC Part-time Reference: 1164528 Location Profile Dandenong North Primary School enjoys a long-standing reputation as a family-friendly and academically successful school. While the s [...]
Ballarat VIC Part-time Reference: 1165243 Location Profile Rokewood Primary School is a small three classroom rural school located midway between Ballarat and Colac, approximately 45 minutes fr [...]
Geelong VIC Reference: 1163699 Location Profile Operation Newstart is an early intervention program that targets young people aged 14-16 who experience difficulties at school and may be in confl [...]
Bendigo VIC Reference: 1165216 Location Profile College Profile Bendigo South East College is a 7-10 secondary school in regional Victoria. The College encourages the pursuit of excellence [...]