Life Without Barriers
Job no: 492689
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are seeking two Supporter of Carers to join the Out-of-Home Care team based in Mount Gambier and Port Pirie. Both positions are offered full-time until 30/6/2020 with possibility of extension.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality Foster Carer recruitment, assessment and training. Your role will be instrumental in supporting carers to provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical and emotional safety of children and young people, as well as planning, coordinating and delivering training for our dedicated carers and prospective carers.
You will have the ability to build relationships, engage with people from diverse backgrounds and work in partnership to undertake rigorous Step by Step Assessments of applicant carers and deliver training packages including Shared Lives.
This role require high level written and verbal communication skills, conflict management and negotiation skills, and a solid understanding of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 and relevant legislation and requirements in South Australia.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in social work, psychology or human services.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable).
- Comprehensive understanding of the issues facing children and young people in foster care.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in foster care.
- Understanding of therapeutic and trauma informed practices to manage children’s behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train and provide support to others.
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply this skill to assess Foster Carer applications.
- Understanding of the legislative requirements that operate for the care and protection of children.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills and report writing skills.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role)
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the screen prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact [email protected] . Please state your preferred location.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 25th August 2019
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Aug 2019 00:00 Cen. Australia Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Townsville QLD Casual Job no: 492643 Employment type: Casual Location: Townsville & Northern QLD Categories: Administration/Customer Service About the Organisation Life Without Barriers i [...]
Hobart TAS Job no: 492656 Employment type: Full Time Location: Hobart Categories: Child, Youth & Family About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for pr [...]
Adelaide SA Temporary Job no: 492699 Employment type: Full Time Location: Adelaide Categories: Child, Youth & Family About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purp [...]
Melbourne VIC Job no: 492710 Employment type: Full Time Location: Melbourne Categories: Disability About the Organisation Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profi [...]