University of New South Wales
$87,033 - $92,843 a year
Job no: 497498
Work type: Fixed term / Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Post doctoral research fellow
Research Assistant – Computer Vision, Image Understanding (CVIU)
Research Assistant on an industry supported project, involves image processing, computer vision, machine learning
You will work on an industry supported project which aims to develop new techniques and tools for detection, recognition and quantification of mites and bedbugs in images.
The role of the Research Assistant reports to Professor Arcot Sowmya and has no direct reports.
- Salary: $87,033 - $92,843 + superannuation
- Full time (35 hours)
- Fixed-term contract – 1 years (potential for extension)
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Computer Science and Engineering
Position Description - Research Assistant (497498).pdf
About the successful applicant:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related discipline, with subsequent relevant experience and/or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training and/or experience
- Experience in the areas of image processing, computer vision and/or machine learning
- Experience with image analysis, software development and evaluation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- You understand Equity and Diversity principles
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities
- Prior project management experience is desirable
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description below.
- Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
E: [email protected]
T: +61 2 9385 2459
Applications close: 11:50pm, Sunday 1st September 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sydney NSW Contract $94,418 a year Job no: 497502 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Finance - One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universi [...]
Sydney NSW Contract $95,462 - $103,318 a year Job no: 497336 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Administration At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a work [...]
Key Selection CriteriaA relevant degree with experience in research and research administration or similar role or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training and e [...]
Send Save You need to sign in or create an account to save Apply One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities Strong regional and global engagement Located at Kensington S [...]