Port Hedland WA
Full time, Fleet Management
About the job
This opportunity would suit someone who is keen to learn and take their first step into a scheduling role. This role is rostered to work 0600 - 1800, 4 days per week.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, your key responsibilities will be:
- Driving the Linfox Safety Standards at all times and ensuring that Vision ZERO is a daily focus
- Schedule fuel deliveries to ensure we are meeting customer demand
- Action transport request forms for the general freight contracts to ensure all deliveries and pickups are completed as planned
- Issue drivers run sheet, vehicle key, tablet or phone to drivers as planned
- Accurate record management of all con-notes,
proof of deliveries and manifests
- Regularly liaison with customers ensuring efficient and effective customer service
- Monitor and schedule fleet maintenance and repair requirements
- Regularly review the roster to ensure accuracy and full coverage is maintained
- Maintain driver training records and schedule any required training
- Track vehicles and drivers for adherence to run sheets and fatigue compliance
- Liaise and arrange with contractors on any additional vehicles required, permits and pilots for oversize loads and cranes to unload freight in depot
- Attend weekly toolbox talks with drivers
- Maintain a positive relationship and good communications with both internal and external customers
Linfox is the largest privately-owned logistics company in Australia. We pride ourselves on our reputation for safety and compliance, and are guided by our company values loyalty, integrity, fairness and trust in everything we do. Our team of skilled professional drivers demonstrate these values everyday through their dedication to the safe and timely delivery of freight to keep Australia moving.
- Prior experience in the transport industry is advantageous as well as WA transport regulations
- Enthusiastic, team player
- Genuine desire to learn and grow with the company
- Customer service focused
- Excellent MS office suite and prior exposure to SAP (desirable)
- Active engagement in a positive safety culture
- The ability to obtain a satisfactory criminal history check and full medical including drug and alcohol test
If you are self-motivated and enjoy the day to day challenges a fast-paced environment can offer, then this is the role for you! We can offer you continued career progression and ongoing learning opportunities to help you succeed and reach your potential.
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your cover letter and resume.
Please note: All employees must pass a criminal history check and full medical, including drug and alcohol test. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
To find out more about us, visit http://www.linfox.com
Applications close 23/08/2019
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Perth WA Casual Casual, Full time, Administration/Clerical About the job Our Resources & Industrial Hub based in Hazelmere currently has an opportunity for someone passionate about customer servi [...]
Sydney NSW Full time, Administration/Clerical About the position The Pallet Group is currently recruiting for a Group Pallet Controller to be based in Erskine Park, New South Wales. The primary p [...]
Unanderra NSW Permanent Full time, Driver Heavy Combination Truck Drivers Linfox are looking for experienced Drivers to haul coal from local collieries to Port Kembla. The routes include roads [...]
Perth WA Full time, Driver - Exceptional training and conditions - Offering work/ life balance - Based out of Hazelmere Are you an experienced triple road train driver who takes pride in you [...]