University of New South Wales
$95,462 - $103,318 a year
Job no: 497586
Work type: Fixed term / Full time
Location: Sydney, NSW
Categories: Student Services
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
About the role
- $95,462 - $103,318 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- 9 month fixed-term (maternity leave cover until mid-July 2020)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Student Lifecycle Officer works within Career Accelerator, within the broader Education Portfolio, and is responsible for improving student satisfaction measures by aligning appropriate co-curricular experiences with the relevant period in a students’ academic career. This includes a focus on first and final year experience, students’ interaction with professional development throughout their degree, and assisting to develop the reward and recognition framework around professional development.
The role of Student Lifecycle Officer reports to the WIL Program Manager, Career Accelerator and has no direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing initiatives that impact on student experience and satisfaction, with a particular emphasis on professional development.
- Supporting our post-graduate students with the preparation for, and placement in, industry based for-credit courses.
- Managing multiple stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the Business School’s O Week program each term.
- Developing a suite of co-curricular activities that match the student lifecycle, and clearly defining and promoting that pathway.
- Increasing the profile of Career Accelerator amongst internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring and reporting on student satisfaction measures, identifying key points in the student lifecycle that influence satisfaction and aligning Career Accelerator initiatives accordingly.
About the successful applicant
- Degree in a business or social sciences field or other relevant area, along with experience delivering, managing or developing initiatives that improve the customer experience in either an education, membership or b2c consumer environment.
- Demonstrated experience in relationship management, stakeholder engagement or business development with a demonstrated record of achieving results.
- Proven excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to communicate openly and regularly with a range of stakeholders/client groups, and to effectively deliver public presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects that engage multiple stakeholders in either the public or private sector.
- An understanding of professional development and work-integrated learning in the university sector is desirable.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application – applications without selection criteria will not be accepted.
The position description can be found here
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 02 9385 0962
Applications close: Sunday 8th September at 11pm
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: 16 Aug 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 08 Sep 2019 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sydney NSW Contract $94,418 a year Job no: 497502 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Finance - One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universi [...]
Sydney NSW Contract $95,462 - $103,318 a year Job no: 497336 Work type: Fixed term / Full time Location: Sydney, NSW Categories: Administration At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a work [...]
Key Selection CriteriaA relevant degree with experience in research and research administration or similar role or equivalent competence gained through another combination of education, training and e [...]
Send Save You need to sign in or create an account to save Apply One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities Strong regional and global engagement Located at Kensington S [...]