Mile End SA
- Specialist Training role supporting the RAA Travel network
- Opportunity to make a huge impact on our fastest growing segment
- 12-month fixed term contract, based in our Mile End head office
As one of the state’s largest and most iconic organisations, we’re proud to keep our members – and SA – moving in the right direction. More than 740,000 members choose us to deliver peace of mind through our trusted range of motor, home and travel products and services. We’re also one of the state’s largest employers (and growing!), with more than 950 employees working collectively with the common goal to keep our members moving. Our approach to work is creative, inclusive and courageous,
and we strive to make real impact in the state we call home. Come join us.
About the role:
In this role you will provide sales, marketing and travel systems training and support to Travel Consultants across RAA’s retail network.
Your focus will be to support the Manager Travel Agent Sales to ensure that Travel Consultants are fully equipped to provide exceptional sales and service to members and customers.
- Work cross-functionally with the Travel Product & Pricing team in the identification of training needs, and plan the delivery of training via internal and external partners and suppliers to fulfil needs
- Develop and deliver in-house training programs for Travel Consultants as well as other key stakeholders
- Train all new Travel Consultants, including the Travel Induction program and sales principals
- Responsible for in-store coaching, development and cross-skilling, as well as assisting with performance management where required
- Review sales statistics and work cross-functionally with the Manager Travel Agent Sales and Travel Consultants on the best approach to maximise margin and preferred product sales, that help to serve our members
- Identify and brief the Manager Travel Agent Sales on external industry developments and opportunities for local area marketing that might impact on sales, to support the growth of RAA’s travel offering
- Identify Travel reporting needs across the retail network and ensure weekly and monthly reporting for Travel Consultants is delivered to key stakeholders
What you need:
- Proven experience in the travel industry, preferably at a Manager level or above
- Experience in Training roles that involved the development and delivery of technical, process, system and leadership training to both consultants and management
- In-depth knowledge of travel product and suppliers
- In-depth knowledge of travel booking systems – GDS and mid office (Galileo, Crosscheck, Amadeus, VTO)
- Advanced international airfare & ticketing knowledge
- Certificate III in Tourism/Travel and/or Certificate IV in Training & Assessment would be highly desired
What we offer:
- Free RAA Premium Road Service & Home Security Monitoring
- Discounts on all RAA Products and Services
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development Opportunities & Study Support Program
- Onsite Massage, Wellbeing Facilities and Corporate Health Insurance Plan
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- On-site Café
How to apply:
Follow the prompts to submit both a cover letter and resume by 30 August 2019. Applications can be addressed to Anthony Scholfield, Recruitment Specialist.
For a position description, please click here.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at RAA.
Please note applicants received through agencies will not be considered.
RAA are committed to building a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, where employees are embraced for their unique qualities and valued for their contributions. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace brings out the best in our employees and assists us to provide a better service to our members.
MILE END, Australia
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Mile End SA Part-time - Newly created role to support the recruitment function of the RAA - Partner with hiring managers to bring great people into the organisation! - 12-month contract, 0.5 p [...]
Mile End SA - Are you looking for a stable career in the Insurance industry? - Have experience in Motor claims and a genuine passion for customer service? - Full-time permanent opportunity av [...]
Mile End SA - Use knowledge and experience to receive and manage escalated claims - Multiple Full-Time Permanent Opportunities - Mile End Location About RAA: As one of the state’s largest [...]
Mile End SA Part-time - Join our friendly supportive team - Permanent Part-Time (30hr), based at our Mile End location - Iconic SA Brand About RAA: As one of the state’s largest and most [...]