Program Officer (Identified)
Grade: Clerk Grade 7/8
1 x ongoing – Full time position
The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) commenced on 1 July 2019. The new department brought together the former departments of Family and
Community Services (FACS) and Justice.
The new department will enable services to better work together to support everyone's right to access justice and other help for families, and promote early intervention and inclusion, with benefits for the whole community.
The Department of Communities and Justice is the lead agency in the new Stronger Communities Cluster.
About the Opportunity
There is currently an exciting opportunity in the Aboriginal Outcomes team, Housing and Homelessness Directorate, Strategy, Policy and Commissioning.
In this role you will be working in the Aboriginal Outcomes Housing (AOH) Team, on the co-ordination and implementation of the Aboriginal Outcomes Strategy and other key projects, initiatives and policy development within the NSW housing and homelessness sector.
Working collaboratively across DCJ and with external stakeholders you will develop innovative strategies that contribute to improved outcomes for Aboriginal peoples.
Establish and manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships, to ensure effective interface between program design and service delivery, with positive impacts upon Aboriginal communities and the Aboriginal Outcomes Strategy.
Provide expert advice within tight deadlines in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
This is an ongoing role in accordance with the Government Sector Employment Act 2013.
A Recruitment Pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if and as they arise.
Aboriginality is an essential requirement for this position. The position has been identified as an Aboriginal position in accordance with the provisions of Section 14 (d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977.
- Aboriginality: being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person is a requirement for this position. Please provide details of your mob, connections and community. .
- Awareness of the Housing and Homelessness service system, current demands upon the system, and methods to achieve positive outcomes for people who are engaged in this.
- Sound knowledge of government policy relating to improving housing and homelessness outcomes, particularly for Aboriginal peoples.
- Awareness of historical and current factors impacting upon Aboriginal peoples, the resilience of their culture and proven ability to engage with Aboriginal communities and providers.
- Demonstrate ability to use numerous software applications within the Microsoft office suite and other DCJ programs.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate experience working under general instruction, using initiatives and working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel including overnight within NSW.
Preferred Requirements of the role
- Appointments are subject to reference checks.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
What we can offer you/Benefits
- Location: Ashfield with a Parramatta relocation in 2020, or alternate location is mutually beneficial
- FACS Clerk/Grade 7/8
- Salary range $97,152 pa - $107,541 p.a. plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 4 weeks annual leave per year of service
- Generous salary packaging options and other fringe benefits
- Flexible work practices
- Opportunities for learning and development and Internal career progression
How to apply
To apply candidates must answer the targeted questions and submit together with a covering letter (1 page maximum) which clearly details their skills and experience as relevant to this role and an up to date resume. Candidates must also
Part of the assessment process may include additional online capability testing, skills testing or work samples in accordance with the new Government Sector Employment Act 2013; therefore you may be contacted to participate. You may also be asked to complete a Health Declaration Form in later stages of the assessment process.
1. A social housing reform is proposed by the Department of Communities & Justice (DCJ). You are responsible for informing the DCJ on the impact upon the Aboriginal communities. How would you obtain this information? (1 page maximum)
2. Provide a summary of work experience in Housing or Homelessness services or related fields and how those skills are transferrable to this role? (1 page maximum)
Find out more
Click here to view the role description.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here
Please submit your application online including the information outlined above.
If you experience technical difficulties when submitting your application, please contact ‘I Work for NSW’ on P: 1800 562 679.
Closing date: Sunday, 8 September 2019 at 11:59 pm
For enquiries: Paul Coe P: (02) 4946 3712 or 0447 664 620 E: [email protected]
FACS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity groups.
FACS encourages applications from people with disability and will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call or email the contact person listed above, and also advise us of your preferred method of communication.
If you’re looking for general information about our reasonable adjustment process, you can email [email protected] or phone (02) 8879 9074.
FACS is also the first NSW government agency to become a White Ribbon accredited workplace, for taking active steps to prevent and respond to violence against women.
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to receiving your application.
Location Sydney Region-Sydney - South
Work Type Full-time
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Package salary ($97,152 pa - $107,541 pa), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
Contact Paul Coe - (02) 4946 3712 or 0447 664 620
Closing Date 08-Sep-2019
Job Category Program management
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We Require an highly qualified operator with both Residential demolition and excavation experience must be reliable and qualified. Great Wages and Perks for the right person . Call or SMS your deatail [...]
qualified plumber looking to some work! LEAKING TAPS STOMWATER GAS HEATERS HWS NEW INSTALLS OR UPGRADES ALL WATER AND GAS SERVICES don’t hesitate to give me a call, or leave a message cheers! [...]
.NET Core & Angular 7 Developer. Immediate Start. 6-Mth Contract. Government Organisation. $700/day Super. Your new company This educational institution are looking for a talented .NET Core Dev [...]
Immediate start for experienced lab assistants- sample prep. Kalgoorlie based role- call NOW for more details! Your new company - Due to existing contracts growing and additional work coming i [...]