Mitchell Shire Council
$63,900 - $83,400 a year
- Permanent Part Time
- 0.6 FTE
- Salary $63.9 to $83.4K (Band 5-6) + 9.5% Super pro rata
Mitchell Shire Council is one of Victoria's fastest growing municipalities on Melbourne's northern growth corridor. We offer flexible working conditions and a supportive and innovative organisation. We're an easy drive or train journey from Melbourne and offer a great affordable living for those considering a lifestyle change.
Mitchell Shire Council provides its employees with the opportunity to maintain a healthy work / life balance whilst performing challenging yet rewarding work.
Employees have access to a range of ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to align with our ‘One Mitchell’ Philosophy.
Council is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Risk and Occupational Health and Safety team. The OHS Officer will assist in the management of health and safety by encouraging incident reporting and implementing safety audits to promote a positive health and safety culture. This leader will work with employees, contractors and others to monitor the effectiveness and implementation of Council policy and procedures and OHS legislation.
To be successful in this role you will have qualifications in OHS and experience in internal or lead auditing. As well you will be able to:
- Promote positive safety behaviours to implement initiatives for continuous improvement in health and safety.
- Work with HSR’s and others to promote safety culture.
- Show initiative to implement value-add solutions.
- Share your knowledge of legislation and relevant standards with others.
- Use OHS/Auditing or other database software packages to generate relevant reports.
- Manage projects with the skills to manage multiple tasks and work with and lead stakeholders.
- Demonstrate computer literacy and sound experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Collaborate in the development of policy and procedure with a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Respond to queries regarding insurances and claim processes for general and public liability insurances.
Candidate will be banded based on experience, skills and qualifications. The main office location is in Broadford, however the role will travel across all parts of the Shire.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain an employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
All applications must address the Key Selection Criteria in the position description with the banding level you would like to be considered for.
Position Description OHS Officer 2019 B5.docx
Position Description OHS Officer 2019 B6.docx
Applications close at 9am Monday 2 September 2019.
Mitchell Shire Council is a Child Safe Organisation
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We Require an highly qualified operator with both Residential demolition and excavation experience must be reliable and qualified. Great Wages and Perks for the right person . Call or SMS your deatail [...]
qualified plumber looking to some work! LEAKING TAPS STOMWATER GAS HEATERS HWS NEW INSTALLS OR UPGRADES ALL WATER AND GAS SERVICES don’t hesitate to give me a call, or leave a message cheers! [...]
.NET Core & Angular 7 Developer. Immediate Start. 6-Mth Contract. Government Organisation. $700/day Super. Your new company This educational institution are looking for a talented .NET Core Dev [...]
Immediate start for experienced lab assistants- sample prep. Kalgoorlie based role- call NOW for more details! Your new company - Due to existing contracts growing and additional work coming i [...]