NSW Health Pathology
$27.05 - $28.15 an hour
Employment Type: Casual
Position Classification: Tech Assist Gde 2
Remuneration: $27.05 - $28.15
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ118484
Where you'll be working
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems every day.
We operate more than 60 laboratories and around 200 collection centres across NSW and conduct over 60 million tests per annum. Our network of pathologists are supported by scientists, technicians and support staff who quickly and accurately assess samples so clinical teams can make the best possible treatment decisions for patients. Our Forensic & Analytical Science Service provides independent,
objective analysis to the NSW criminal and coronial justice systems.
What you'll be doing
Perform a range of laboratory support and/or specimen reception services and/or collection services, and provide assistance to laboratory staff, under supervision, to deliver a patient focused service.
- A working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn, all aspects of the laboratory environment relevant to the Department
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality work output while managing competing priorities
- Demonstrated customer service experience and skills, preferably in a laboratory environment, including the ability to communicate effectively with customers, patients and clinical staff
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills combined with the ability to investigate and resolve general issues within the laboratory environment
- Excellent data entry skills including high attention to detail and data accuracy
- Awareness of legislation, policies and requirements relevant to a laboratory setting
- Must hold current Class C unencumbered drivers licence and be willing to drive as part of the role.
This is a Category A position. All Category A applicants must read and understand Policy Directive PD2018_009 Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Diseases. All new recruits must agree to comply with the requirements outlined in this policy. New recruits must provide evidence against specified diseases and comply with the requirements of this policy at their own cost prior to appointment.
An eligibility list will be created for future casual vacancies
Applicants may be required to undergo a functional assessment prior to appointment.
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Dave Gomez on [email protected]
Applications Close: 25th August 2019
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
St Leonards NSW $57,391 - $84,132 a year Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Technical Officer Grade 1/2 Remuneration: $57,391.21 - $84,132.20 Hours Per Week: 38 Re [...]
New Lambton NSW $70,636 - $72,385 a year Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Administration Officer Level 6 Remuneration: $70,635.7 - $72,384.72 Hours Per Week: 38 [...]
Orange NSW Employment Type: Permanent Full Time (1.0 FTE) Position Classification: Staff Specialist Hours Per Week: 40 Requisition ID: REQ111781 Applications for this position will be receive [...]
Liverpool NSW Part-time $27.05 - $28.15 an hour Employment Type: Permanent Part Time Position Classification: Tech Assist Gde 2 Remuneration: $27.05 - $28.15 Hours Per Week: 20 Requisition [...]